What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and More Crap V

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Harmichael is getting (reportedly) $1 million a year, after resigning with the Suns - I doubt very much that Israel will be moving codes too soon.

Its all about the money,money,money.

Pazza

First Grade
Manly are going to have a lot of trouble holding onto their players, anyone interested in Matai for next season?

Gronk

Staff member
Manly are going to have a lot of trouble holding onto their players, anyone interested in Matai for next season?

Yes there is an article in one of the papers yesterday saying that Cherry-Evans is on under $100K atm and they are hardly bumping his contract up with the new offer. Matai, Foran and TRex (so far) are all stated as having Hasler get-out-clauses.

#lol@manly

Pazza

First Grade
I thought the article claimed that Matai was off contract for 2013 and considering the Stewart bros, foran and cherry will need more money surely Matai will be looking for a new club?

Pazza

First Grade
Who i'd be looking to recruit for the 2013 season

Steve Matai 2 years

steve_matai-420x0.jpg

Position: Centre

H: 1.82m
W: 94kgs

Fg exp: 131 games (3 GFs)
Rep exp: 10 games

An experienced outside back who's agression and heavy hitting is something that is lacking in the Parramatta team. In our top squad we have so many inexperienced outside backs and i think Matai and Tonga could play a huge role in helping develop young talents such as Sio, Blair and Loko. I am also sure that Roberts and Matai have played together at rep level.

Lewis Brown 3 years

WARRIORS3-420x0.jpg

Position: Second row

H: 1.79m
W: 96kg

Fg exp: 51 games (1 Gf)
Rep exp: 6 games

The hard running, line breaking, nugget edge forward that this team is crying out for! He plays right side, so will be a direct replacement for Ben Smith and the thought of this guy working with Sandow, Hayne, Tonga and Sio down that right hand edge will give plenty of opposition teams nightmares. Also given any injuries, Lewis makes for a much better centre that Maitua, Horo etc

Gavin Cooper 2 years

00015353-image.jpg

Position: Second row

H: 1.97m
W: 108kg

Fg Exp: 118 games

Another edge forward who i think brings a good deal of line breaking ability at a reasonable price. He is an 80 minute player who can carry a huge workload in defense and has kept his spot in the NQ team competing with the 2 best young back rowers in the game.

James Segeyaro 3 years

471068-james-segeyaro.jpg

Position: Hooker

H: 1.77m
W: 85kg

Fg exp: 20 games

TBH haven't seen much of this kid but other people on this forum rate him and god knows we need another hooker to add some impact off the bench.

2013 team

Hayne
Sio
Tonga
Matai
Blair
Roberts
Sandow
Mannah
Keating
Poore (i'd like to see him re signed)
Allgood
Brown
Maitua

Segeyaro
Cooper
Fui Fui (i'd like to see him re signed)
J Mannah/Terepo/Tautai

Last edited:
Would definitely take Lewis Brown. Always thought he was a bit of a beast but seems to have fallen out of favor at the Warriors.

Actually i would take all of the one Pazza said, except Matai. I think Loko will be good enough for the other centre spot.

Suitman

Post Whore
Would definitely take Lewis Brown. Always thought he was a bit of a beast but seems to have fallen out of favor at the Warriors.

Actually i would take all of the one Pazza said, except Matai. I think Loko will be good enough for the other centre spot.

Yep, and in a couple of seasons we'll have Hopoate. He can play centre easily.
We don't need Matai. He's a cat anyway.

Suity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts