What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom eel

First Grade
At 21 and 33 games(most off the bench) your putting a line thru him? I would give him atleast 1-2 more full seasons.Not many players hit the NRL running at 19/20
Yep, I'm putting the line through him. He's gifted with a massive build/physical advantage, but has developed no idea of how to best use it (and I don't think he will).

Pauli is just Greg Drake but 20 years later. And Jacob Loko came to nothing after we (rightly) let him go too - as much as I'd like these guys with potential to develop, when they don't sometimes the club just has to face up to it and move on.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well he said the no more clauses after the Ricky Stuart debacle, then we had the Foran mess. Pretty sure he also said we won't be paying anyone to play anywhere else. Nek Minnitt we let go Paulo,Matterson and now Pauli Pauli. I seriously doubt all of them were taken at full freight.

Do you think Matterson would of been top 25 this year? No so it doesn't matter.

Pauli - I'm sure a few clubs would want him. Young and talented-Would not be let go unless atleast 90% of his contract was covered

Seph - I reckon we are paying him about 80k of his contract for next year. But this is just a guess... He is NRL quality-Just didn't suit our team. I reckon in the Dogs or Broncos system he would d a lot better.....

hindy111

Post Whore
I will say one thing - Maloney -RTS-Jennings gone...The roosters are going too take a hit this year -Restructure some contracts and sign TWO BIG NAMES for 2017. SBW+HAYNE/CRONK

hindy111

Post Whore
Guss tweeted I in response to is Hayne a realistic chance of being at the rooster - POLITIS - He likes too collect nice things ;)

hindy111

Post Whore
He also reckons parra can make an impact and ZDC is seen as a 9...
He also says the parra-roosters-knights-canbera trade will occur...Jnr off too???

hindy111

Post Whore
Gus whats the chances of Kieran Moss playing NRL this year for Parra- Certainty

Actually he does say Hayne wont be back and Jnr will be an eel for 2016

I am pretty sure they have the right to audit the books of the footy club, but have no authority over the leagues club. It wouldn't be hard to do.
Player has to be a party to it though, because if they ever blab about it, trouble brewing. You also give their agent leverage (remember how I helped you with Joe Bloggs? Now pay James Bloggs 5% more or you're going down).

But it is probably theoretical until the richer clubs become much richer!

So, why not just pay everyone a bonus through the leagues club?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I will say one thing - Maloney -RTS-Jennings gone...The roosters are going too take a hit this year -Restructure some contracts and sign TWO BIG NAMES for 2017. SBW+HAYNE/CRONK

Nah, all of their money has gone into upgrading existing players like Napa, Evans, Taukeiaho, Mitchell, Tupou, Elliot and they'll be looking to tie up Hastings and Cordner from 2017 onwards not mentioning the prized signing of Jayden Nikorima. Sure they've lost some good players but outside of Jennings neither of those players were on big money. RTS was re-signed after playing 6 first grade games, Maloney was signed after playing 2 full seasons so he might have had a highish price tag I don't think it would be as much as people think

hindy111

Post Whore
That's true..RTS would of been on 200k max id say.
Plus they signed a gun winger from UK yeah? And SBW I do think will be back....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts