What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Seriously, though - miss out on Roberts and Hiku, but snag Jennings?

Well done, Arthur. :clap:

Jenko is an unbelievable player.

Bigfella

Coach
I've never seen any parra fan on this forum call him Jenko.

Since he's been linked to us he's no longer that merkin Jennings. He's Our Jenko.

hindy111

Post Whore
On Hiku...he played nrl age 20,21,22...just turned 23 a few weeks back.Has 9 tests for NZ and 68 first grade games including record 297mtrs at fullback for manly.
Sure id rather Jennings.But Hiku is not rubish. Tough player who will have a solid career IMO

Stagger eel

Staff member
So Gus f**ked up???? Say it aint so??

I can tell you now, from what I've heard, gus went off half cocked splurging big on Hiku, when he realised a week or 2 later what was going to happen in the future it hit him... He wanted Jennings back at penrith.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
On Hiku...he played nrl age 20,21,22...just turned 23 a few weeks back.Has 9 tests for NZ and 68 first grade games including record 297mtrs at fullback for manly.
Sure id rather Jennings.But Hiku is not rubish. Tough player who will have a solid career IMO

Can also play fullback and wing.

Chipmunk

Coach
I can tell you now, from what I've heard, gus went off half cocked splurging big on Hiku, when he realised a week or 2 later what was going to happen in the future it hit him... He wanted Jennings back at penrith.

Hindsight is great, but if I recall Hilku was signed by Penrith before the Roberts thing blew up. It's just a pure stroke of luck that we didn't sign Hiku ourselves to take us out of play for future dominoe effect that took place, although I suggest he still would've been a good signing.

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mmmmm!! Very solid for cool 470k thanks very much..

Hindsight is great, but if I recall Hilku was signed by Penrith before the Roberts thing blew up. It's just a pure stroke of luck that we didn't sign Hiku ourselves to take us out of play for future dominoe effect that took place, although I suggest he still would've been a good signing.

Yes there was a stroke of luck and timing involved from what I've been told and this is from a mate very close to the action, Gus failed to do some research which meant he would of let us take Hiku while the Da Vinci code was beginning to take affect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts