What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade23

Juniors
I’m an Oldfield fan, great guy, I wouldn’t be unhappy if we signed him, but I’m not sure we need him. I’d rather hang onto Whare to be honest.

Great call. Was odd letting him go imo. More than a solid option at centre or wing.

He was only on a 1-year deal here. Hook only saw him as back up and once he threw that wayward pass against Souths his cards were marked.
Very versatile a good squad member to have.
Canberra came in with a 2 year deal (plus taking over the remainder of his deal here) and the opportunity to play more FG. It was too good a deal for him not to take it.

Last edited:
It was always going to be a little awkward when Barrett signed elsewhere, but the club went into it willingly, I’m sure our best interest have been prioritised.
We have been through it with Brennan, a lot of players went with him and at the time I was very annoyed but it all worked out for the best.

We may loose a few but I am hopeful we are smart enough to keep the ones we need most.

It’s a more dangerous situation now, just because we’ve got better players. In hindsight we used the Gold Coast situation to our advantage by moving some overpriced players.

I hope it works out for the best, but it’s a dangerous game they’re playing.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Well he got us Apisai.

It was easier for Trent to talk Api to come to Penrith, he didn’t really wanna leave in the first place.
Convincing players to go to a toxic club like the Dogs will be a lot harder task.

I think they’ll either have to pay massive overs or the players will be told by our club that they aren’t in our future plans. I’m fine with Trent taking the once’s we won’t be using.

franklin2323

Immortal
Not nearly as much as Barrett, no. Plus a coach is a more powerful recruiting tool than a 19 year old player.

The coach isn't the one slogging it out in 40c days. The coach isn't the one putting their bodies on the line

If that was the case then coaches would never lose dressing rooms. The playing squad is more of an influence then a coach.

Especially a Head Coach that a player barely gets too talk to

franklin2323

Immortal
It was easier for Trent to talk Api to come to Penrith, he didn’t really wanna leave in the first place.
Convincing players to go to a toxic club like the Dogs will be a lot harder task.

I think they’ll either have to pay massive overs or the players will be told by our club that they aren’t in our future plans. I’m fine with Trent taking the once’s we won’t be using.

Same here. They got to play somewhere much rather them help a bad side then go and help the scumbag Roosters

GongPanther

Referee
Same here. They got to play somewhere much rather them help a bad side then go and help the scumbag Roosters
Rather see any of our players go to the G Coast, Dogs or Tigers. They are clubs who need help. I won't include Manly due to their bussing Parra juniors to take them back to Manly. I'm not sure, but I think they tried to poach players from the Penrith area as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.