What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
Everyone has missed out the major point regarding Josh Mansour; He last re-signed with us on unders, he had a deal on the table with the Raiders which would have earned him a lot more. He re-signed with us on unders.

But this time round he has waited until he acheived rep honours with the Blues to get maximum bargaining power. He wants to get the best deal he can now. Who can blame him him?

Only an idiot would think he's doing the wrong thing...

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
James Tamou is a massive signing for the club. He's a leader, he has experienced it all at every level. It puts less pressure on the younger guys coming through...

Everyone has missed out the major point regarding Josh Mansour; He last re-signed with us on unders, he had a deal on the table with the Raiders which would have earned him a lot more. He re-signed with us on unders.

But this time round he has waited until he acheived rep honours with the Blues to get maximum bargaining power. He wants to get the best deal he can now. Who can blame him him?

Only an idiot would think he's doing the wrong thing...

I don't think anyone would be angry at Mansour for taking the best deal possible.

But I do suspect if he wants a really big money deal he'll have to look at RU.

Black Magik

Juniors
James Tamou is a massive signing for the club. He's a leader, he has experienced it all at every level. It puts less pressure on the younger guys coming through...

Agreed. I think if our juniors have to be better than him to get a first grade spot the whole benefits! Tamou sets the bar for our forward pack IMO.

MrBlack

Juniors
That's 2 marquee signings in 2 years. We are no longer buying "unwanted" players.

Before anyone criticises the cap management and the money spent on Tamau have a look at this list of gains and losses (3 years data)

Gains
Apisai Koroisau
Tupou Sopoaga
Trent Merrin
Zach Dockar-Clay
Viliame Kikau
Te Maire Martin
Sitaleki Akauola
Suaia Matagi
Peta Hiku
Chris Grevsmuhl
James Tamou

Losses
Tim Grant
Kevin Kingston

Eto Nabuli
Ryan Simpkins
Matt Robinson
Kierran Moseley
James Roberts
Wes Naiqama
Luke Capewell
Anthony Cherrington
Ethan Cook
Tom Humble
Vaipuna Tia Kilifi

Lewis Brown
Brent Kite
Apisai Koroisau
Nigel Plum
Kieran Moss
Sika Manu
David Simmons
Shaun Spence
Ben Murdoch-Masila
Isaac John
Sam Anderson
Adam Docker
Jamal Idris
Chris Smith
Elijah Taylor

Easily better quality in the gains. The difference in the numbers would also indicate the juniors coming through.

Exsilium

Coach
People whinging about how we can afford him and others aren't seeing the reality that we've had massive change at the club from the administration, back office to the football field which is all working to create a professional organisation which makes signing players easier.

The Penrith region is not without its big money sponsors and as Gus mentioned some time ago, Penrith didn't have TPS or TPA's. We now have plenty of companies looking to sponsor the club and players. This is not just a "working class" club/area anymore.

maple_69

Bench
Four years does seem a bit risky but i think we have the right squad to manage it. Tamou is in his prime and I expect we get at least two years of him at his best, leading our young pack as our 'premiership window' opens. Even if his form drops off in the latter two years he'll be valuable helping the absurd young talent we have at prop to reach their potential and on field he could take a step back to the bench and let the RCG, JFH, Latu, Kikau, Leota, Clarkes etc step up.

hindy111

Post Whore
Tamou will be 31 when finishes his 4 yrs. Should get his best 2-3 yrs and he will have 1-2 left in him after this contract expires. A very good forward but I do not see him as a leader as such. I think Beau scott type would more suit your pi$$ weak pea hearted on line defense. Its quite pathetic. When a team gets inside the 10 its about a 1 in 2 chance of scoring.

Going to be an impressive pack thou and I think a side who will be happy to win 34-22 rather then 16 - 4.

hindy111

Post Whore
BTW how good does Cleary look. TMM has flash but Cleary just looks so calm. Could make a great halves pairing.
Little disappointed in DWZ. He has not kicked on like I thought.Still a very good player but I thought a potential superstar of the game. More a solid first grade player.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Anyone see Sauce and Tamou interviewed on Fox? Sauce said he was excited to be playing with Tamou next season. Let's hope he is excited enough to sign another contract and stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts