What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copperhead

Juniors
What a remarkable fall from grace for Seggy. From Dally M hooker of the year in 2014 to off to SL mid 2016. Can hardly recall another star player whose stock fell so quickly.

On a lesser level, but still relevant to us, Sopoaga finished 2015 playing first grade and now finds himself on the bench for Windsor in the RM Cup.

BxTom

Bench
Could also be that no other NRL team wants to deal with the baggage currently.

Did cross my mind that there is more to the criminal association thing and the ongoing investigation into Parra yet to come out.

Tom

franklin2323

Immortal
It must be an attitude thing cause he can play.

It's not playing related. Basically he's done things since before the bikies to make Griffin think he's a bad influence on the younger players. Hence as early as the Bathurst game I was told he wouldn't be re-signed

martielang

Bench
I don't know the day to day dealings of the club but I can say Sopa is a terrific guy and very humble. I'd be very surprised if it was an attitude issue.

mxlegend99

Referee
Could also be that no other NRL team wants to deal with the baggage currently.

As if baggage stops guys getting a run. Segeyaro is a choirboy compared to half the guys wuth second or third chances.

IMO we didn't want him lining up against us. Dragons would sign him in a heartbeat.

He's not past it, he's simply never been good. Rather throw a cool flick pass than win a game. Why would anyone want him coaching our kids?

mxlegend99

Referee
Benji to Penrith for 2017. Promised a coaching gig when he retires in 2018.

He's worse than Soward. Moylan, TMM and Cleary have us covered. Unless we can get a Cronk or Thurston you don't waste the money and time that could be spent developing a player. Hell even Pearce... shit Origin player but great club half. Someone like that or just develop what we have. Cleary and TMM passed the toughest test. Defending against men. If they arent liabilities in defence we can be patient as they develop.

betcats

Referee
Pearce is not a great club half imo, he looked good in a great team paired with a goodhalf and looks shit in a shit team this year. He is average at best. The lack of vision, composure, kicking etc is still an issue in club footy, its just the last few years for the roosters he had a team around him that could help hide those faults.

No idea why we would want Benji, he would be playing reserve grade for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.