What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

murraymob

Coach
when signing he needs to know his father would be long term at the tigers .Given there results that cant be a sure thing. That's why I think he will stay

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I honestly believe that Nathan's parents are more keen than he is. Nathan seems to enjoy, (spoken recently) about how close he's gotten to Brandy and how much he loves playing with his mates.

murraymob

Coach
one thing we know about Ivan he will tell Nathen what he thinks is best for Nathens career rather than think about himself .He is a great father and great guy

GongPanther

Referee
I'm of the belief that because Nathan Cleary is at a learning curve kn his footballing career,it would be counter productive if he left the Panthers. He has the training with Brandy,the inquistive influence of Gus,and the onfield experience of Maloney,and the steady advice of Griffin. Why would he go anywhere else? And for that matter,why would any other player contemplate in leaving? If anything,we should have players knocking our door down asking to play for us.

mxlegend99

Referee
It would be like buying a house next door to you're parents. I mean seriously who does that if it can be avoided.
He doesn't need to he still lives with his parents.
Who would be bothered by living next to their parents? Honestly I have had lots of neighbours since I moved from home and Ive never had issue with any. But I think living next to the parents would be fine.

Just being under a different roof gives you your independence and space. Each to their own I guess. I would prefer that than playing footy for my dad.

Your coach is your boss. A father and son will always have some bias toward each other over teammates and other players. Would be hard to find the balance. I think the resl instinct would probably be to overcompensate for the bias. If Ivan was coach still. Cleary would only be a rookie if he had even made his debut. Not because he isnt ready. But because picking your son looks biased.

Although now would probably be the best time in his career to do it. He's an Origin player and has proven himself worthy without favoritism from his dad. By his next contract in 5 or 6 years it would be hard to go play for your dad then. What kids going to listen to gheir dad after playing 8 years of finals and Origins and so on. Probably having won a grand final and Origin series. Anything Ivan can teach him he would learn for free well and truly before then.

I'm of the belief that because Nathan Cleary is at a learning curve kn his footballing career,it would be counter productive if he left the Panthers. He has the training with Brandy,the inquistive influence of Gus,and the onfield experience of Maloney,and the steady advice of Griffin. Why would he go anywhere else? And for that matter,why would any other player contemplate in leaving? If anything,we should have players knocking our door down asking to play for us.
I agree. I do not think Nathan will leave.

Kilkenny

Coach
Lloyd Perrett hasn’t quite fulfilled his early potential but given our injury woes he would add depth and competition for places in the forward pack. No doubt the Sea Eagles would be paying part of his salary.

age.s

First Grade
Yeah I had a feeling we'd get someone given the timing of the Wallace announcement. Would be very happy with Perrett given our current predicament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts