What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangs

Coach
Nice compliment. However Ive got a question mark about his talent ceiling and whether his future is in the 7 or not. Craig, start taking notes.

Right now is he 20 and just too hot. Maloney will lead and Cleary will learn.

betcats

Referee
When Craig Bellamy compares you to the best player in the game and isn't your coach you know you're pretty f**king awesome.

He will be the best player in the game for a decade or so starting pretty soon IMO. Just as the current greats start to retire he will be finding great form and be among the games best by finals 2019.

Edit
Although the only coach I saw as a threqt to luring him away from us other than Ivan was Bellamy. Those compliments... i know who his number 1 target would be if he joined Broncos.

Kalyn Ponga is younger and stacks up just as well and has a lot more natural talent.

Cleary is yet to show he can be the main attacking half, he hasn’t shown a lot of creativity or any special ball playing ability. He has awesome composure for sure, next level for a 20 year old and is a great organiser, kicker and natural leader and he takes on the line, he is going to be a great half back for a long time but you are getting caught up in it.

Anyway Penrith is the best place for Cleary right now, I think even his dad will tell him that given our forward stocks and current position and how well Nathan knows the place. But the fact is he is testing the market and is going to attract huge offers. I still think the roosters are the only main threat, he lives with his parents he isn't moving to Brisbane or Melbourne, not this contract.

Edit: I still see the tigers as a threat also. Most 20yos wouldn't want to be coached by their father, but most 20yos wouldn't still live at home while starring in the nrl and earning 6 figures.

Last edited:

unKwn

Juniors
Siosifa Talakai is an Australian professional rugby league footballer who plays for the South Sydney Rabbitohs in the National Rugby League. He plays at centre and second-row.

Born: 18 April 1997 (age 21 years), Sydney

Kilkenny

Coach
Caleb Aekins promoted into the top 30
Has been playing well in Cup well deserved.

For a guy who is around the 90 kilogram mark, not very big in other words, his performances/stats in N.S.W Cup have been very impressive. Well deserved promotion.

tripster

Juniors
For a guy who is around the 90 kilogram mark, not very big in other words, his performances/stats in N.S.W Cup have been very impressive. Well deserved promotion.

He stood out in the first trial (I think against the Roosters) and looks to have kept going from strength to strength this season.

OldPanther

Coach
Wonder whether Garth Brennan might be looking for a fullback given Michael Gordon's day's must surely be coming to an end. Could be a cheap & handy pick up for the Titans.

Wouldn't surprise me. He'd be quality and cheap allowing cap to be spent elsewhere.

pantherpuddy

Juniors
If we can manage to win a premiership this season or next season do we need maloney for season 2020 ? I think a possible plan to sign cleary for 2020 season and beyond is to only have maloney for this season and next season. We could release him after 2019 and his 2020 money would be enough to add to nathans topped up contract starting in 2020. Maloney has always been happy to move around so 2 years with us would allow him to go to england for 2 years and then retire. We use that money towards cleary and the cap basically stays the same for season 2020. Maloney is replaced by may or blore or luai and cleary should be able to lead the team in 2020 in a fairly dominant manner. Thats my opinion of the best scenario for the long term future of the club.

If we can manage to win a premiership this season or next season do we need maloney for season 2020 ? I think a possible plan to sign cleary for 2020 season and beyond is to only have maloney for this season and next season. We could release him after 2019 and his 2020 money would be enough to add to nathans topped up contract starting in 2020. Maloney has always been happy to move around so 2 years with us would allow him to go to england for 2 years and then retire. We use that money towards cleary and the cap basically stays the same for season 2020. Maloney is replaced by may or blore or luai and cleary should be able to lead the team in 2020 in a fairly dominant manner. Thats my opinion of the best scenario for the long term future of the club.

Maloney could get a big deal in super league, even in 2020. So if he’s prepared to move to the UK I think he’d be easy to move him on in 2020.

But if he’s not prepared to move to the UK I’d say he’ll serve 2020 out at the panthers, I don’t see another NRL club putting big money into him. Unless of course the panthers paid some of his salary.

Long way from that though. So far he’s a perfect fit for Cleary.

Status
Not open for further replies.