What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
Isn't he off contract end of next year? We need cap for 2018 so I don't see what releasing him achieves. Whether he's renewed is the question

Dallin does seem to be the odd man out in all the resignings which have occurred.

The resigning of TMM to a longer deal will be announced shortly so DWZ seems to be the only player off contract at end of 2017 without an extended deal.

I do think with DWZ he will definitely be able to do better in terms of money at another club. Moylan is obviously going to remain at fullback and at the end of the day with our depth if Dallin was to leave there are probably others coming thru the ranks who could step in and do any equally good job. (I dont say this with any disrespect to Dallin just the reality of our depth) The fact is with Dallin if he want's a fulltime fullback gig and more money he is going to have to look elsewhere, sadly.

franklin2323

Immortal
Dallin does seem to be the odd man out in all the resignings which have occurred.

The resigning of TMM to a longer deal will be announced shortly so DWZ seems to be the only player off contract at end of 2017 without an extended deal.

I do think with DWZ he will definitely be able to do better in terms of money at another club. Moylan is obviously going to remain at fullback and at the end of the day with our depth if Dallin was to leave there are probably others coming thru the ranks who could step in and do any equally good job. (I dont say this with any disrespect to Dallin just the reality of our depth) The fact is with Dallin if he want's a fulltime fullback gig and more money he is going to have to look elsewhere, sadly.

Blake and TMM upgrades are before DWZ I have heard. A few teams would take the punt and pay good money for him to play FB even with the limited games he has had. I can't see him staying after next season

betcats

Referee
If we hang on to Blake I can live with Dallin leaving this year or next. Blake really started to live up to the hype this year, he got himself right physically so if he can keep improving his skills he will be a freak. His combination of speed, size and agility is rare even in an athletic league like the NRL.

franklin2323

Immortal
If we hang on to Blake I can live with Dallin leaving this year or next. Blake really started to live up to the hype this year, he got himself right physically so if he can keep improving his skills he will be a freak. His combination of speed, size and agility is rare even in an athletic league like the NRL.

DWZ isn't as good as Blake on current form. The cap starting to bite losing Dallen and Someone like Edwards on the wing might be the better option

Blues Riff

Bench
LOL Hey Moley, I'm hearing Peach has back-flipped on his contract extension after receiving a huge offer to return to the Sharks as a replacement for Ennis.

Kilkenny

Coach
HUSH, HUSH

Which NRL club is trying to push out three players so they can re-sign one of their stars to a large new deal?

The above was on Fox Sports news this morning.

I wonder whether the club in question may be us and the three players are Latimore, Whare and Hiku?

Read last week Latimore rumoured to be in talks with the Storm.

I would assume the star player if this was to involve the Panthers must be either DWZ, Blake or TMM.

betcats

Referee
I have no idea but IF it is us I doubt Hiku is one of the players(the other yes) and I doubt that DWZ is the one we are trying to re-sign. Actually he is more likely one of the three. That's if it is us.

Kilkenny

Coach
I have no idea whether it is us or not.

In relation to TMM I have it on good authority there is likely to be news shortly on his being resigned to an extended contract.

Kilkenny

Coach
From the Mole today:

Whare on the outer

Kiwi international centre Dean Whare could be headed back to Manly after four years at Penrith.

The 26-year old Whare started his top grade career at Brookvale in 2010 and played three seasons for Manly before moving to Penrith in 2013.

He missed much of Penrith’s charge to the finals this year after tearing his ACL in April and was also ruled out of the Kiwis’ Four Nations squad with the injury.

The Panthers have found plenty of good outside backs in his absence and Whare – one of the highest paid players in the Panthers’ ranks – is now not considered a priority for next season.

With Jamie Lyon retiring and doubts over the future of Steve Matai, Manly are on the lookout for experienced centres and Whare – a veteran of 15 Tests who knows the Manly culture well – could be a good fit.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hard to miss a player we havent gotten much use out of since 2014. A fit Whare was one of the best centres in the game. But those injuries could have really changed him as a player.

If we can move him on. I say do it.

franklin2323

Immortal
McKendry, Hiku, Whare would be the 3. I have heard we are fine for 2017 but can't re-sign anymore for 2018 until we get rid of some. Hiku is still being paid by Manly you'd think he would go back there

hindy111

Post Whore
Hiku is a very good player. He was defending next to soward but I am not sure why guys think DWZ is any better. Hiku can cover 1-6 and that adds value . Blake is a centre - Whare is a centre - DWZ can cover fullback and wing. Moylan fullback /halves and Mansour strictly the wing.

I think it would be silly to lose your most versatile back. He was bopping up and scoring tries. He averaged 100mtrs a game which is solid and 2 offloads a game which is great.
His worry was some poor defending but lets see how he goes without soward.

hindy111

Post Whore
So parra signed will Smith - I saw flashes of brilliance mixed with complete disaster. Complete ragdoll at fullback. Do you see him in the halves with any future or just a back up fullback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts