What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

martielang

Bench
Akaloua is a smart acquisition. Little $$$ so little risk and a whole lot of upside. We've been crying out for a Franky Pritchard / Big T type on the edge of the ruck...

mxlegend99

Referee
If he was anything like that he would be a regular first grader. Especially at the Tigers. But he was behind the likes of Chris Lawrence, Curtis Sironen and Kyle Lovett for a spot.

hindy111

Post Whore
Im hoping Idris comes too parra.BTW DWZ my mates brother is his friend and reckon may not play again.Whats the news? Also do you see him at fullback or Moylan? And can Smith take wallaces spot? Soward and wallace in the halves is not very inspiring. The fresh prince was panthers best player the last 2-3 games IMO.

murraymob

Coach
Im hoping Idris comes too parra.BTW DWZ my mates brother is his friend and reckon may not play again.Whats the news? Also do you see him at fullback or Moylan? And can Smith take wallaces spot? Soward and wallace in the halves is not very inspiring. The fresh prince was panthers best player the last 2-3 games IMO.

DWZ is a good young player .But Moylan will stay at fullback for a while anyway. Penrith signed te martin from the tigers with a view to him taking over from Wallace

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Gus has said DWZ has completely recovered and will be back training and is so now.

So your mates story is complete crap..

BxTom

Bench

Is your mate's name Rhino - a well known troll and wanker in these parts?

Tom.

Big Mick

Referee
If he was anything like that he would be a regular first grader. Especially at the Tigers. But he was behind the likes of Chris Lawrence, Curtis Sironen and Kyle Lovett for a spot.

And Andrew Fifita was behind Matt Groat.

We really using the Tigers as the benchmark for good decision making?

Last edited:

martielang

Bench

Going by your theory, we should of never looked at Peachey either. Or Soward. Or Mansour. They were all behind other players?

He's raw and makes plenty of mistakes, but he's a big, athletic unit who clearly has potential.

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
I have heard a little in regards to Jamal to Parra as well. Has any one else heard this?

his manager today said he is due back from a over seas holiday and will be at Penrith pre season training and will play next season for penrith

mxlegend99

Referee
Going by your theory, we should of never looked at Peachey either. Or Soward. Or Mansour. They were all behind other players?

He's raw and makes plenty of mistakes, but he's a big, athletic unit who clearly has potential.
Where did i say we shouldn't have looked at or signed him?

I think it's a little unrealistic to think a fringe first grader over the past couple of years to be our Pritchard style second rower. He will be depth and nothing more.

Those players you mention are either side of him in the signing scale aswell. Peachey and Mansour were rookie starting their first grade careers basically. Soward was an established half who is proven in big games.

I think it's a good signing. But like BMM I can't see him getting much opportunity with us. But he will be great for our NSW Cup team.

Big Mick

Referee

I think it's a little unrealistic to think a fringe first grader over the past couple of years to be our Pritchard style second rower. He will be depth and nothing more.

Those players you mention are either side of him in the signing scale aswell. Peachey and Mansour were rookie starting their first grade careers basically. Soward was an established half who is proven in big games.

I think it's a good signing. But like BMM I can't see him getting much opportunity with us. But he will be great for our NSW Cup team.

I actually agree with that.

But who knows.

He might come here and just get in a good frame of mind & tear it up.

He has all the physical attributes to be great.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
The young half we are after is apparently Te Maire Martin the young Tigers half who has huge raps on him.

Good swap I reckon...Api for him and Dockar-Clay and re-signing Katoa....Would be setting up a nice spine for the future.

Brent Reid had his mail segment on Triple M and said that Penrith had signed Martin for next season.

Martin has been selected in the Kiwi test train on squad. Awesome experience for our gun signing!

martielang

Bench

Come on mate, I'm clearly not saying he's going to be a walk up start to our backrow and Turn into Frank overnight, my point is that he's very similar physically and athletically to a young Frank/TP and for little risk, it's a smart pick up IMO.

Kilkenny

Coach
BMM showed glimpses of his undoubted potential but just couldn't seem to get himself fully fit. Shame really because he clearly has the ability to succeed in the NRL. Alas it would appear he will have to resurrect his career in the ESL.

As for the signing of Akaloua I agree he could be an astute signing. Low risk for us. Just someone looking for an opportunity. If it works out great. It's probably up to him really.

As for young Martin again it is potentially a great signing by Gus. Led the stats in NYC for line breaks/tries assists and by all accounts has a very good kicking game. His path to the NRL was obviously blocked at the West Tigers. If he is good enough to play NRL then he is clearly going to get his opportunity with us.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
Confirmed what we've known for some time. Docker, BMM, John, Anderson all been granted releases from Penrith.

Best of luck to them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.