What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

roofromoz

First Grade
Piecing together articles, etc. it seems like that the following may / will happen:

Docker to the Dragons
BMM to Salford
Anderson to the Storm or Tigers
John to Manly

ashton

Juniors
Narromine
17 year old Isaac Thompson with a 130kg squat at 75kg body weight.
This kid is strong! And he works damn hard for it! This video was taken at about 8:30 Sunday morning. His first of 2 sessions for the day.
In just under 2 weeks Isaac will be moving to Penrith to play for the Penrith Panthers pursue his dream of playing in the NRL. With the work ethic he displays in the gym and on the training and playing field I'm sure he will make his dream a reality!

Last edited:

Copperhead

Juniors
Narromine
17 year old Isaac Thompson with a 130kg squat at 75kg body weight.
This kid is strong! And he works damn hard for it! This video was taken at about 8:30 Sunday morning. His first of 2 sessions for the day.
In just under 2 weeks Isaac will be moving to Penrith to play for the Penrith Panthers pursue his dream of playing in the NRL. With the work ethic he displays in the gym and on the training and playing field I'm sure he will make his dream a reality!

Another young half. In this article from last year, he says "(I'd like to) play for the Penrith Panthers. I love the club and it's my favourite team." Well he might get his wish.

http://www.narrominenewsonline.com....ompson-shines-in-representative-rugby-league/

Copperhead

Juniors
If Wallace is in first grade, how do you see Cleeland, TMM, Scarlett, ZDC and Katoa being used? Is ZDC being only thought of as a backup hooker (or a backup for a backup)?

Big Mick

Referee
I don't think Scarlett gets game time unless Wallace retires.

Think it'll be 6. TMM, 7. Cleeland, 9. Katoa, 14. ZDC/Soni Luke

Battle for Fullback great too with Will Smith, Brent Naden and Heffernan from Canberra all vying for that.

maple_69

Bench
With Moylan and DWZ ahead of Smith at fullback and the huge log jam of young halves we will have it'd make sense for Smith to move to the centers. Naden is still young so I think he'd go to the wing. I assume Luke is not eligible for 20s now?

Heffernan, Naden, Smith, Rennings, Gennings, Martin, ZDC would be a beast backline.

franklin2323

Immortal
Cleeland & ZDC look like standard players I mean nothing special so I can't see them playing FG will do a good job in NSW though.

I'd rank our halves as follows Soward/Peachey/TMM/Moylan/Cartwright/Smith/Scarlett/Wallace/Cleeland/ZDC. Katoa looks a lock more then hooker. I'd play ZDC/Luke as backup to Seg

If TMM makes the final NZ squad surely he gets the 6 jersey from rnd 1

Copperhead

Juniors
Cleeland & ZDC look like standard players I mean nothing special so I can't see them playing FG will do a good job in NSW though.

I'd rank our halves as follows Soward/Peachey/TMM/Moylan/Cartwright/Smith/Scarlett/Wallace/Cleeland/ZDC. Katoa looks a lock more then hooker. I'd play ZDC/Luke as backup to Seg

Now that Foran has withdrawn, Lolohea and Martin are the only halves left, so let's hope your prediction comes true ;-)

I watched Cleeland the last two weeks, and although I had high hopes after one of the Walker brothers said he was the best player in the Intrust Super Cup, he only looked an average player.

Blade23

Juniors

:lol:
If fit round 1
Soward 6
Wallace 7 and captain.
You know Cleary won't alter the status quo.
I was quietly hoping the 2nd season ending knee injury would convince Wallace to retire but he has since dismissed those rumours.
I don't think he has the desire in him anymore and body is letting him down. But he can't see the signs.

Kilkenny

Coach
Given the intensity of the NRL, Sowies age and injuries it would make sense fro him and the club to let him go a year early so he can prolong his career.

maple_69

Bench
Obviously a lot can happen in the next 2 years but I think 2 more years of the Sow will be about right. Enough time for Martin/Moylan to hopefully be a dominant first grade half alongside Sowie. Cleary could do a year in NYC, then a year in NSW Cup and replace Soward in 2018 or if doesn't pan out we have some Soward cash (plus potentially shedding Mansour/Whare or someone on decent coin and replacing them with a Jennings/Blake/Naden on the cheap) to throw at the right half.

Status
Not open for further replies.