What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't agree with this. Look at what Dragons fans (ignore everyone else) were saying when he was signed. They almost all said he's a great competitor who leaves everything on the field.

Yeah. Things like talking in the 3rd person etc are what put people off. They are welcome to come and boo him we can do with the extra 10k crowd :lol::lol:. I fires up and leaves nothing on the field which is what we need.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I don't agree with this. Look at what Dragons fans (ignore everyone else) were saying when he was signed. They almost all said he's a great competitor who leaves everything on the field.

Halves almost always fade into irrelevance when playing behind a beaten pack. Look at some of JTs performances this year for examples.

I'm only going off what I have seen personally - I understand what you're saying ref halves

Soward is a sook IMO - If it doesnt go the way he wants he has a dummy spit like walking off the field without shaking the hands of the opposition. Not really the role model I'd want for the kids, but hey, IC may turn this around and he could mature... I'll wait and see ;)

betcats

Referee
It would be a significant portion you would think, anywhere from 30-50% though thats a complete guess. They can't just force a guy who under contract to leave unless of course he breaks his contract somehow.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
It would be a significant portion you would think, anywhere from 30-50% though thats a complete guess. They can't just force a guy who under contract to leave unless of course he breaks his contract somehow.

it's reasonable to assume that, but it's also eerily surprising that this component hasn't received more airplay from either the panthers or broncos camps.

Randy81

Juniors
I will go on the record and state I am happy with all signings including Wallace. Gould is all about creating competition in a squad. He seeks players who have good work ethic and are leaders on and off the field.

Across the board we are much stronger. Hell, when we used to sign players it was fringe guys like ohallaren, Franze, ciraldo, hookey etc. Now we sign internationals and ex reps and ppl are still complaining.
We have seen players step up under this environment and will continue to do so. If Wallace / soward doesn't work then john comes in....simple.
Cheer up guys.

darkbloom

Juniors
Walsh gone was enough to 100% convince me they know what they are doing

In that case anyone over the age of about 4 would be able to 100% convince you they know what they are doing.

This is hardly the work of genius. Maybe it just get a tick for competence.

franklin2323

Immortal
Across the board we are much stronger. Hell, when we used to sign players it was fringe guys like ohallaren, Franze, ciraldo, hookey etc. Now we sign internationals and ex reps and ppl are still complaining.
We have seen players step up under this environment and will continue to do so. If Wallace / soward doesn't work then john comes in....simple.
Cheer up guys.

As bad as those signings were they filled holes in our squad. Can anyone here say we didn't have enough half options for next year?

Karnivayne

Juniors
Cleary has got this team within arms reach of the finals, with all the injuries and the roster he had to work with I think he has done a great job, so, If he wants Wallace as his half and thinks he has what the team needs I have no problems believing him.

panthersam

Juniors
Nathan Smith has resigned for another year apparently, wasn't he told to look elsewhere earlier in the year?

franklin2323

Immortal
Cleary has got this team within arms reach of the finals, with all the injuries and the roster he had to work with I think he has done a great job, so, If he wants Wallace as his half and thinks he has what the team needs I have no problems believing him.

That's not the issue. That will be when we are stuck with Brown at centre as Windsor will be full of Wingers, Halves and backrowers

mxlegend99

Referee
Rough sides for 2014...

NRL:

1. Matt Moylan
2. Josh Mansour
3. James Roberts
4. Dean Whare
5. David Simmons
6. Jamie Soward
7. Peter Wallace
8. Tim Grant
9. James Segeyaro
10. Brent Kite
11. Lewis Brown
12. Sika Manu
13. Elijah Taylor

14. Nigel Plum
15. Sam McKendry
16. Matt Robinson
17. Adam Docker

Reserves:
1. Keiran Moss
2. Etonio Nabouli
3. Wes Naiqama
4. Brad Tighe
5. Kevin Naiqama
6. Lachlan Coote
7. Isaac John
8. Sam Anderson
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Jeremy Latimore
11. Vaipuna Tia Kilifi
12. Anthony Cherrington
13. Tyrone Peachey

14. Kyle O'Donnell
15. Tom Eisenhuth
16. Ryan Simpkins
17. Nathan Smith

Not saying that's close to what I think the reserve grade side will look like. I'm sure that the likes of George Jennings, Bryce Cartright, RCG,DWZ etc. will feature in the side, and the likes of Peachey, Latimore, Kingston, John, Coote etc. will feature in first grade. The point is more that we have a strong first grade side, and in reserve grade we essentially have an entire forward pack with first grade experience who could come in due to injury or form and we wouldn't take much of a hit at all.

I'm sure with a bit of tweaking, we could even field an entire reserve grade side with first grade experience. We have done a great job at recruitment for 2014 IMO.

franklin2323

Immortal
You left a few out of Windsor. Humble and Capewell for starters & Kingston will start NRL but yeah close. Tiny bench in Windsor & the fact Tighe and Naiqama are Windsor centres are a concern but overall looks stronger then previous years

Status
Not open for further replies.