What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwipete

Juniors
No Sam only signed a one year deal last year and has a one year extension Could be a smokey for next year in FG IMO. Barring injury in his second game this year Vs Warriors he would have played a few more games I reckon.
Easily one of the best in NSW cup pack , big motor and can play big minutes, mistake free.

franklin2323

Immortal
Does this give us room for one more signing? Perhaps a centre?

Not sure there's any around though. We have juniors but 5 years ago we had 3 grades worth of quality and did nothing. So we need to hopoe this batch are more effective

Pomoz

Bench
Not sure there's any around though. We have juniors but 5 years ago we had 3 grades worth of quality and did nothing. So we need to hopoe this batch are more effective
That is so true. When I was at the Members function the other night I was talking to a club official and saying how awesome the sports facility sounds and how great it is that we have a clear path for the juniors. He said "the good thing is, Ivan knows all the junior players and watches and oversees their development. In the past, Matt Elliot did not care about the juniors. He was only interested in first grade. His view was that he was paid to win first grade games and if he needed players they could sign one."

I found this to be a startling revelation, but when you think about what happened during Elliot's reign, it all makes sense. We failed to develop most of our junior talent and didn't promote enough of them through the grades to give them a chance of making it in first grade.

murraymob

Coach
That is so true. When I was at the Members function the other night I was talking to a club official and saying how awesome the sports facility sounds and how great it is that we have a clear path for the juniors. He said "the good thing is, Ivan knows all the junior players and watches and oversees their development. In the past, Matt Elliot did not care about the juniors. He was only interested in first grade. His view was that he was paid to win first grade games and if he needed players they could sign one."

I found this to be a startling revelation, but when you think about what happened during Elliot's reign, it all makes sense. We failed to develop most of our junior talent and didn't promote enough of them through the grades to give them a chance of making it in first grade.

he must have missed watching toby evans because he has signed with parramatta

murraymob

Coach
Haven't really seen much of Evans. How does he rank against our other young halves?

the best .He is back from injury so we will see how he goes.Scarlett shows promise in the few games prior to injury only time will tell how he goes once he returns

chrisD

Coach
he must have missed watching toby evans because he has signed with parramatta

The f**k?

Haven't really seen much of Evans. How does he rank against our other young halves?

When we played the Tigers earlier in the season we smashed them, Brooks was easily the Tigers best and Evans easily the best on field. We could throw him into FG next season and he'd be better than Wallace in 5 games.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
the best .He is back from injury so we will see how he goes.Scarlett shows promise in the few games prior to injury only time will tell how he goes once he returns

Yeah he's the best half we have in the club next years signings wont change that..

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Apparently the club sees Tyrone May as the next big halves prospect. I wouldn't be suprised to see him fast tracked and do a full off season with First Grade at the end of next year.

franklin2323

Immortal
Apparently the club sees Tyrone May as the next big halves prospect. I wouldn't be suprised to see him fast tracked and do a full off season with First Grade at the end of next year.

So 2 solid (at worst) years in NYC is just ignored on the hope someone may be better in 4 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts