What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
Im hoping they are depth for Windsor. Would rather Under 20s halves over them. I know Kingston is a first grade certainty. But id rather either no utility or to have Daniel Foster.

Just look at those forward packs though. Ridiculous depth :)

mxlegend99

Referee
Oh and Tighe/wes aren't certainties for Windsor either. I just favored NRL experience for naming the team purely to show just how much depth we have with experience. First grade side would be close. Give or take Coote and/or Kevin Naiqama in the backline. And the last two spots on the bench are wide open for basically the entire Wolves pack.

Big Mick

Referee
I'm sure with a bit of tweaking, we could even field an entire reserve grade side with first grade experience. We have done a great job at recruitment for 2014 IMO.

Even outside of the reggies 17 there are players who could feature like Ethan Cook, Daniel Foster, George Jennings, Luke Capewell, Tom Humble, RCG, DWZ as you've mentioned.

On paper we have a squad full of great depth. There are really no scrubs aside from Wes Naiqama in this squad next year.

Some may say Kingston but tbh he's played alright and he is a great club man so I have no drama's with him sticking around for a year.

Wes Naiqama is all that is really left of the crap tbh.

The biggest difference between this year and next is that all our depth players are pretty good quality and are able to plug and play without substantial drop off in standard. Whereas this year we have a few injuries and we are screwed as we've found.

franklin2323

Immortal
Im hoping they are depth for Windsor. Would rather Under 20s halves over them. I know Kingston is a first grade certainty. But id rather either no utility or to have Daniel Foster.

Just look at those forward packs though. Ridiculous depth :)

I am hoping they both go to England. I posted elsewhere I would rather Wallace at 9. Seg on the bench though we didn't re-sign Kingston for NSW Cup.

Depth is good hopefully Cartwright and co get some games still

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
Rough sides for 2014...

NRL:

1. Matt Moylan
2. Josh Mansour
3. James Roberts
4. Dean Whare
5. David Simmons
6. Jamie Soward
7. Peter Wallace
8. Tim Grant
9. James Segeyaro
10. Brent Kite
11. Lewis Brown
12. Sika Manu
13. Elijah Taylor

14. Nigel Plum
15. Sam McKendry
16. Matt Robinson
17. Adam Docker

Reserves:
1. Keiran Moss
2. Etonio Nabouli
3. Wes Naiqama
4. Brad Tighe
5. Kevin Naiqama
6. Lachlan Coote
7. Isaac John
8. Sam Anderson
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Jeremy Latimore
11. Vaipuna Tia Kilifi
12. Anthony Cherrington
13. Tyrone Peachey

14. Kyle O'Donnell
15. Tom Eisenhuth
16. Ryan Simpkins
17. Nathan Smith

Not saying that's close to what I think the reserve grade side will look like. I'm sure that the likes of George Jennings, Bryce Cartright, RCG,DWZ etc. will feature in the side, and the likes of Peachey, Latimore, Kingston, John, Coote etc. will feature in first grade. The point is more that we have a strong first grade side, and in reserve grade we essentially have an entire forward pack with first grade experience who could come in due to injury or form and we wouldn't take much of a hit at all.

I'm sure with a bit of tweaking, we could even field an entire reserve grade side with first grade experience. We have done a great job at recruitment for 2014 IMO.

I have to say that that side looks so much better than 2013 and even way better than 2012

chrisD

Coach
Lets try a realistic side that Cleary will likely go with.

1. Coote (if he's still here, Moylan otherwise)
2. Mansour
3. Roberts/K.Naiqama
4. Whare
5. Simmons
6. Wallace
7. Soward
8. Kite
9. Kingston
10. Grant
11. Manu
12. Brown
13. Taylor

14. Segs
15. McKendry
16. Plum
17. Roulette Peachey/Docker/Robinson

mxlegend99

Referee
Hopefully we can keep George aswell. I was worried they would both follow Michael, with that being the most painful part for us longterm in losing him. But if we can keep both his brothers, then maybe Michael will return later in his career and finish off with us.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I truly believe Michael will want to play with Penrith again.

At the same age, Robert is the best of the 3.

In other news we have re-signed Nayah Freeman for 2 years.

PinkPanther

Juniors
In an interview a few months ago, Michael said that he would've played for us for free (or at least take a pay cut). Wasn't this part of the reason why him and Gus had a falling out?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I believe Michael was willing to meet halfway in regards to his increase in salary due to the cap rising. However his manager wasn't so kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.