What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Think Mansour is definitely gone.

Unsure on McKendry.

I reckon Manly might make a play for him with Stewart going along with Knights and maybe Warriors if they let go of Matulino.

Mansour doesn't want to stay from what I heard wants to be with mates at Souths.

I don't have facebook but would almost be worth getting it for the meltdowns

Pomoz

Bench
Mansour doesn't want to stay from what I heard wants to be with mates at Souths.

I don't have facebook but would almost be worth getting it for the meltdowns

I'll help him pack and load the suitcases into the boot of his car. I will then throw him the keys and wave him farewell.

On second thoughts, maybe I will hand him the keys....

The Teach

Juniors
Not too fussed with losing Mansour if our forward pack starts eating metres. His hands and lack of pace are too much of a liability.

I agree with you for the first time in a long time. I've never gotten the Mansour love. As you say, his hands are a massive liability. Every time he runs the ball I have heart palpitations cos his ball-carrying is so loose! I haven't seen enough of Eto to know whether he's ready for first grade yet, but some of the posters on this forum who are good judges of quality reckon he's ready so I think it's time to unleash that beast. What I have seen of him makes me think he'd be a sensation on the end of sowie's kicking game.

soc123_au

Staff member
If true about Mansour then I wish him well. Regardless of where you stand on the Mansour love in it is hard to deny he has provided plenty of entertainment in is time with us. I will miss him.

franklin2323

Immortal
I agree with you for the first time in a long time. I've never gotten the Mansour love. As you say, his hands are a massive liability. Every time he runs the ball I have heart palpitations cos his ball-carrying is so loose! I haven't seen enough of Eto to know whether he's ready for first grade yet, but some of the posters on this forum who are good judges of quality reckon he's ready so I think it's time to unleash that beast. What I have seen of him makes me think he'd be a sensation on the end of sowie's kicking game.

The thing with Eto is he's into his 2nd year of NSW Cup he's developed as much as he will either we see him as a 1st grader or we let him go.

6 tries in trials. 28 in the comp last year. 4 in the 9's. 1 in the Tigers trial set up John's try in the same trial. Says to me he's worth a shot. Though I think Blake is the best of them all. Throw in Naiqama and DWZ and there's options that are far cheaper then $300k and will do a more then adequate job

Copperhead

Juniors
Very first highlight is putting Burns on his arse :lol:

Looks to be a VERY strong runner with a bit of pace as well

They were discussing him last year on the tigers forum
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=414919

This bit caught my attention, "I got told by a coaching staff member that he had a great work ethic at training and had never been in trouble off the field, apparently they released fifita as BMM was just as powerful but more agile and quicker."

maple_69

Bench
The thing with Eto is he's into his 2nd year of NSW Cup he's developed as much as he will either we see him as a 1st grader or we let him go.

6 tries in trials. 28 in the comp last year. 4 in the 9's. 1 in the Tigers trial set up John's try in the same trial. Says to me he's worth a shot. Though I think Blake is the best of them all. Throw in Naiqama and DWZ and there's options that are far cheaper then $300k and will do a more then adequate job

I dont know if just over a year in NSW Cup is enough to demonstrate his ability. He has been playing league for less than 18 months. He still has a lot of space for development in defence, reading plays and taking the high ball. I certainly agree though that he has shown enough to at least warrant a run in first grade. The upside on a player of that kind of raw talent is huge. If he flops Naiqama, Jennings and Blake are there.
Blake definitely looks the most likely to succeed. The otyers could be boom or bust but Im fairly confident he'll make it..
On the firwards topic, if we lost Mckendry also and picked up Matulino and BMM it would be a very good bit of business.

Eto was also a Rugby player so it's not like it's 18 months total experience. Yes yes I don't rate Penalty Ball players ether

maple_69

Bench
Defence is very different in Rugby. Regardless there's always going to be room to improve defence. Whare could improve and he's fantastic defensively. He also wouldn't have been getting top class training and competition over there.

The big worry with Nabuli is falling into the trap of so many other Fijian wingers who storm first grade, get a big contract and then hit the pies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts