What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashton

Juniors
I have heard from a couple of sources we are deep in negotiations with a forward as others have said here. No idea who it is but I'm hoping for Matulino or Moa.
James Hooper from daily telegraph tweeted about the Matulino rumour, must be reading this forum.
Stuart Ayres is the new sports minister interesting.

Kilkenny

Coach
I really like our local boy Regan Campbell Gillard. Not sure whether he would be ready this season but with a full NSW Cup season under his belt should be ready to go in 2015.

Kilkenny

Coach
I have heard from a couple of sources we are deep in negotiations with a forward as others have said here. No idea who it is but I'm hoping for Matulino or Moa.

Feliti Mateo. Out of sorts with the Warriors and would jump at the opportunity of coming back to Sydney. He would be my tip. Free up Manu to move up to the front row and use him closer to the ruck where he would be more involved and used simply as a metre eater for 35 -40 minutes a game.

franklin2323

Immortal
I really like our local boy Regan Campbell Gillard. Not sure whether he would be ready this season but with a full NSW Cup season under his belt should be ready to go in 2015.

Yeah he looks good. So does Smith though 12 months further back in development

franklin2323

Immortal
Do you think Smith will be big enough to make it in first grade? He has a big ticker, I'll give him that.

No smaller then Docker. I pressume he will be in F/T squad next year so an off-season of weights start the year in NSW Cup and go from there. 2 pre-seasons you would think he would be right to go.

kiwipete

Juniors
Now that would be cool! I think RCG will step straight into TG's spot without much trouble.

Seriously?? If you've been watching RCG play the first few rounds in NSW Cup you'd notice that he starts really strong then after about 15 minutes he's blowing bigtime. Would not get through half the workload of TG and really struggles to make the same impact he did in 20's as most who step up to cup find out when they are faced with grown men. Shame Shaun Spence is injured he impressed early this year. Anderson has been the stand out in Reserves, hope we resign him for the next couple of years, he's a real old style prop.Not huge but more heart than most

Pomoz

Bench
Seriously?? If you've been watching RCG play the first few rounds in NSW Cup you'd notice that he starts really strong then after about 15 minutes he's blowing bigtime. Would not get through half the workload of TG and really struggles to make the same impact he did in 20's as most who step up to cup find out when they are faced with grown men. Shame Shaun Spence is injured he impressed early this year. Anderson has been the stand out in Reserves, hope we resign him for the next couple of years, he's a real old style prop.Not huge but more heart than most
Pete, as you are implying,it takes a man a few years to build to their maximum strength. It's why the best weightlifters, sprinters and power athletes are usually over 21. RGC is going up against stronger men than he is and he is working out he has a way to go. Thats why the step up/step down is such a great development process. You step up and realise that being strong in u20's doesn't cut the mustard against a seasoned NRL prop in his mid 20's. Back to the weights and get that protein into you RCG!

Last edited:

flash

Juniors
"The Tigers could have more money to spend with forward Ben Murdoch-Masila likely to be granted a release. The Panthers are one of his suitors and a deal could be struck before the June 30 transfer deadline."

from SMH

He'd be a good pickup.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Is he any good? Never noticed him before.

Not seen a lot of him but he could be a decent pick up. He is in the mold of hard running tackle breaking forward we are desperate for.

Edit: The tigers fans seem to think highly of his potential and do not want to lose him so thats always a good sign for a possible recruit.

Last edited:

Randy81

Juniors
"The Tigers could have more money to spend with forward Ben Murdoch-Masila likely to be granted a release. The Panthers are one of his suitors and a deal could be struck before the June 30 transfer deadline."

from SMH

He'd be a good pickup.

Really hope this is true. Good size with great impact and ability to tackle break and offload .
I just hope they haven't just read this forum from a week ago where I threw up his name.

franklin2323

Immortal
Is he any good? Never noticed him before.

He's not the best forward ( I mean won't be a regular test player) but runs hard & can break a tackle so is the style we need.

As for McKendry he was sold as a package with Grant though Newcastle put in an offer as well. Mansour has mates all through Souths though have a few good backs coming through.

Big Mick

Referee
Think Mansour is definitely gone.

Unsure on McKendry.

I reckon Manly might make a play for him with Stewart going along with Knights and maybe Warriors if they let go of Matulino.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Not too fussed with losing Mansour if our forward pack starts eating metres. His hands and lack of pace are too much of a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts