What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwipete

Juniors
The games I saw him play in 2012/2013 he was a Gerry enthusiastic hard running impact forward. Exactly what we need and looked to have potential to be a top class Fifita style prop or second rower. Only thing I don't know is why he seems to be on the outer st the Tiges. Is he out of form, didn't hit his straps, doesn't get along with Potter, lazy, wanker
I think BMM, Kite, Plum*, Anderson, Latimore, Mckendry* and RCG would be a solid set of props for next year obviously pending whether Mckendry moves and Plum retires.

Watched BMM play against our NSW Cup side a couple of weeks ago and thought that he went ok but no standout. I think you've got it right for next year though , a front row rotation of Kite [last year to mentor a couple of our cup props] Plum [if his body allows him another year] Anderson [stand out forward every week in cup and deserves another shot at FG soon], Latimore [ very safe, no frills worker] and RCG [ is learning and developing quickly, just runs out of puff playing against men every week] would not be the worst rotation in the comp and would have youth and experiance to burn. Our back row stocks will be bolstered by BMM, not really a prop more of a Sika, wide running ball player, Docker [too light to be considered a front rower anymore] Taylor and Robinson / Cartwright. Don't see anything from Brown that warrants his automatic selection anymore.

mxlegend99

Referee
Re-signing George Jennings is the best news we could hope for. I think he's the best of our off contract players and it seemed like he was as good as gone. If we lose Mansour now it won't matter. George is just ss powerful as he is, but is faster and has the ability to play centres aswell as wing. He could probably slot into the second row too.

Pomoz

Bench
Re-signing George Jennings is the best news we could hope for. I think he's the best of our off contract players and it seemed like he was as good as gone. If we lose Mansour now it won't matter. George is just ss powerful as he is, but is faster and has the ability to play centres aswell as wing. He could probably slot into the second row too.

The thing about Mansour is, he can't catch the ball very well. He probably has poor hand to eye co-ordination. You can practice and improve but if you can't catch, you can't catch. I'm saying this based on the fact that it is likely as anything that the coaches have been chucking balls at him left right and centre trying to improve his skill and this is as good as it gets. That limitation means that we are better putting work into other players with better basic skills.

Let me just say he works hard, breaks the line and is a great team player. But he drops the ball at crucial times and is a nightmare under the high ball. He has improved his defence as well, although not his reading of defence. I agree with whoever said he would be likely to have a "Merritt" if he was picked for SOO and JT would be sending plenty his way. NSW will doge a bullet if they don't pick him. I wish him well if he leaves. George and Robert Jennings will be more than adequate replacements, or DZW for that matter (FB eventually of course).

ACTPanthers

Bench
After last week I think it's evident we need more speed in our backline - Moving Mansour into the Second row (preferably taking Brown spot on the bench) would allow someone like DWZ, Nabuli or Naiqama to come in - Also, I love Simmo but he's another one who needs to be in Reggies so someone with more speed can be there - We need more pace.

Pomoz

Bench
The mole was asked about Jerome Ropati and whether he would sign with Penrith. "Ivan loves his Warriors" he replied....Hmmm a bit old, but good depth.

betcats

Referee
The Mole is wrong often, that answer means nothing imo he just doesnt want to give a difinitive answer so he doesnt look bad if he is wrong.

pantherpuddy

Juniors
Not prepared to name any sources but ive heard the bulldogs are keen on Sam McKendry if they can work something out with us

Big Mick

Referee
Not prepared to name any sources but ive heard the bulldogs are keen on Sam McKendry if they can work something out with us

That makes no sense tbh.

The Bulldogs aren't hard up for props and only way I'd agree to it is if we get someone like Klemmer or Kasiano in return and not supplementing any of McKendry's salary.

Not saying it is wrong but I have heard not just Dogs but Tigers, Dragons, Knights, Souths & NZ are after him.

In any case...it should not result in us supplementing salary.

franklin2323

Immortal
That makes no sense tbh.

The Bulldogs aren't hard up for props and only way I'd agree to it is if we get someone like Klemmer or Kasiano in return and not supplementing any of McKendry's salary.

Not saying it is wrong but I have heard not just Dogs but Tigers, Dragons, Knights, Souths & NZ are after him.

In any case...it should not result in us supplementing salary.

they do like their props to be highly paid... So maybe

pantherpuddy

Juniors
Fifita to the dogs didn't make any sense either.

that's exactly right and now they are looking at McKendry but they want us to still pay some of his contract for 2015 which we are not keen on doing. I don't know how it will work out but they want him. Next year is his last contracted year so I say let him stay and maybe he will have a big season as he will be looking for a new deal with us or somewhere else. I hate when players are playing somewhere else and we are still paying them

They won't get rid of Klemmer.
Big minutes to Tolman and Graham plus Kasiano's output I do wonder if the Bulldogs need another prop.
I if was them I would spend the money elsewhere.

mxlegend99

Referee
Ropati would be a terrible signing. Signing himcould potentially mean we would be looking at:

8. Kite
10. Latimore
14. Ropati
15. Plum

With another 9 months or so onto the ages of these blokes now, it would be absolutely tragic for our star front rower to be Jeremy Latimore. A year ago he wasn't even close to one of our top 4 front rowers. He was just solid depth.

I wouldn't even see the purpose in signing him for depth... we have a few guys already who should be depth players. We need to look at signing players who are either guaranteed first graders at any club, or players with a lot of potential who are yet to realise it. Not players who are ready to retire.

kiwipete

Juniors
Ropati would be a terrible signing. Signing himcould potentially mean we would be looking at:

8. Kite
10. Latimore
14. Ropati
15. Plum

With another 9 months or so onto the ages of these blokes now, it would be absolutely tragic for our star front rower to be Jeremy Latimore. A year ago he wasn't even close to one of our top 4 front rowers. He was just solid depth.

I wouldn't even see the purpose in signing him for depth... we have a few guys already who should be depth players. We need to look at signing players who are either guaranteed first graders at any club, or players with a lot of potential who are yet to realise it. Not players who are ready to retire.
Totally agree with you legend. Our future is with our young guys, RCG, Anderson and Cartwright. There are just no quality experienced forwards on the market. And we could get all 3 for the cost of another aging prop on his way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts