What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

meek

Juniors
Peter Lang on twitter this morning has said that Matt Robinson has signed a contract with the Titans.

If true, best of luck to Matt. It was great having him at the club the last few years and having him as part of this re-building process. He got his chance here and now that chance has paid off. He's a genuine bloke and wish him nothing but the best.

Can't blame him - When you have the backrow we currently have and with guys like Cartwright, VTK etc waiting in the wings it's tough to have the guy just waiting for injury. He has legit chance to start and contribute at the Titans and wish him nothing but the best.

I'm sure that this will likely make a few people a bit hysterical though. lol

Probably more than a few - i liked Him too as a player - a shame if true

But i must admit im looking forward to reading some of the hysterical nonsense that will be trotted out if he has indeed flown the coup - will be fun to read .
"he will go from a good solid player to a superstar in the blink of an eye - with conspiracys rife as to why hes gone - will the panthers survive" .

ROFL

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
I'm waiting for the "Another Penrith junior has left...HOW THE f**k CAN U DO THIS GOULD!....SACK GOULD, SACK CLEARY!"

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm waiting for the "Another Penrith junior has left...HOW THE f**k CAN U DO THIS GOULD!....SACK GOULD, SACK CLEARY!"

:lol::lol: Yes will be epic... I dare say this is a case of the player going for opportunity rather then club not wanting him.

Grant, McKendry going along with Plum possibity retiring Meant depth players were going to move into regulars. That said Harrison retiring means he can get a start spot up there.

Big Mick

Referee
After speaking to a couple of people today I was told a competitive offer was definitely made but that we could not guarantee NRL time whereas the Titans did.

Granted...Melbourne guaranteed Steve Turner to be Fullback when he signed with Melbourne and took him a while to get into first grade.

He's definitely gone for the opportunity. Definitely sucks...as I rate him but can't keep all our depth. I'm sure we'll bring in a few young guys looking for opportunities to replace him.....remember that is how we got him in the first place.

Sime_11

Juniors
Mannering is a definetely to NOT come to penrith yeah?

just have a feeling with Hoffman going to NZ warriors, mannering rumour to start up again

pantherpuddy

Juniors
If u guarantee someone nrl time what does that really mean in relation to a contract ? The players form and the others players form in the squad and injury would be the deciding factor. I cant see how anyone can guarantee anyone time in first grade. I was a fan of Robinson and I don't think we have seen the best of him yet but good on him for taking the opportunity.
Did we do a similar thing with peachey and guarantee him a first grade spot ?

pantherpuddy

Juniors
After speaking to a couple of people today I was told a competitive offer was definitely made but that we could not guarantee NRL time whereas the Titans did.

Granted...Melbourne guaranteed Steve Turner to be Fullback when he signed with Melbourne and took him a while to get into first grade.

He's definitely gone for the opportunity. Definitely sucks...as I rate him but can't keep all our depth. I'm sure we'll bring in a few young guys looking for opportunities to replace him.....remember that is how we got him in the first place.

Thanks Mick for an insight to what happened

If u guarantee someone nrl time what does that really mean in relation to a contract ? The players form and the others players form in the squad and injury would be the deciding factor. I cant see how anyone can guarantee anyone time in first grade. I was a fan of Robinson and I don't think we have seen the best of him yet but good on him for taking the opportunity.
Did we do a similar thing with peachey and guarantee him a first grade spot ?

It's just taking the coaches word but if the coach lies the player will be rightfully pissed off and leave

Puntastic

Juniors
Robinson's had a real blow from injury. If he goes, I wish him all the best. I am still excited to see him play this weekend.

We've a plethora of backrowers, and we cant keep them all, so I don't begrudge him in the slightest. We've got juniors nipping at his heels. I see Bryce Cartwright usurping him in a couple of seasons. It was probably a long term decision and in the best interests of both parties.

Last edited:

panthersam

Juniors
Rumours that Todd Carney is on his last chance at Cronulla and might have to look for a new club, do you think Gus would try again for him?

Kilkenny

Coach
Rumours that Todd Carney is on his last chance at Cronulla and might have to look for a new club, do you think Gus would try again for him?

Time to move on. Carney no chance of ever playing for the Panthers. Our former management made a big play and failed and Gus could seal the deal either.

Kilkenny

Coach
Matt Robinson moving on, if true, if just a reality of the way game at present. He is largely stuck in reserve grade with us at present and probably needs a change in club to try and get more opportunity at a regular first grade spot.

It would appear Gould and Cleary are intent to free up further cash to bring in some new faces for 2015 and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts