What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
If our backrow was as below he'd be useful for a bit of mongrel and versatility to cover centre and hooker, but as it stands he doesn't really offer anything different from what Docker, Taylor and Kingston are doing. Plus those guys have more defensive upside.
11. Manu
12. Brown
13. Peachey
14. Cartwright
15. BMM

Sub Taylor and VTK in there and I think that's provably where we're heading.

Kilkenny

Coach
If our backrow was as below he'd be useful for a bit of mongrel and versatility to cover centre and hooker, but as it stands he doesn't really offer anything different from what Docker, Taylor and Kingston are doing. Plus those guys have more defensive upside.
11. Manu
12. Brown
13. Peachey
14. Cartwright
15. BMM

Sub Taylor and VTK in there and I think that's provably where we're heading.

VTK needs to get himself injury free and get some strong consistently good form in the NSW Cup before you could seriously consider him for the top grade.

He would be well down the pecking order at present and needs to start to deliver soon otherwise he may struggle to secure another contract with us.

Ryan Simpkins would get a run in front of VTK based on NSW Cup form and are others such as Sam Anderson who would also be in front.

I am not giving up on VTK but he certainly needs a strong finish to this season in the NSW Cup.

Last edited:

Puntastic

Juniors
Not entirely sure how I feel about this. I would have preferred Grant to be honest, though neither would have felt overly welcome here.

I wonder how things would have turned out if the announcement had come before Grant had left. Considering our lack of 'veterans' surely would have been our first choice.

Our current front row stocks leave me a little underwhelmed I must admit.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't think we need to worry too much about recruiting any back's given the youngsters we have in George Jennings, Waqa Blake, DWZ, Keiran Moss, Wil Smith, and quite a few others.

We have invested heavilly for the next couple of years in the Soward and Wallace combination so I don't see any halves being recruited other than a youngster or two with long term prospects.

The area Gould and Clearly are clearly going to bolster is in the fowards. BMM has been brought in already and is a good depth signing. I do see the club recruiting a least two forwards for next season and given the fact we have dollars to spend I expect at least one big name signing ie an automatic top grader.

We were all depressed after the Sharks game and rightly so but I can still see the five year plan coming together.

kiwipete

Juniors
If McKendry does go elsewhere I really believe we have a ready made bargain priced replacement in Sam Anderson. He's in his 3rd year in cup, last years player of the year and has been their best again this year, 1st player picked every week. He's off contract this year and wants to stay in Penrith.I don't see Sika moving to prop, he's great running wide at halves and centres but doesn't have the same impact up the middle.
There are no top quality props looking to move clubs so we should sign up the best we have and develop them ourselves. Look at the Knights, debuted 2 20 year olds yesterday because there just aren't enough seasoned players around,I reckon they'll resign Packer or Wicks when they are available.

Scotty03

Juniors
McKendry has a bit more to offer in terms of potential - has an offload and can get a quick play the ball (although he does have the occasional error in him.)

maple_69

Bench
Assuming Plum retires after this year our rotation will be Kite, Mckendry, Latimore and Mckendry. If we plan on using BMM as a prop he would force Latimore out you would think, leaving us with Anderson and Latimore as our depth which would be great. Either way I'd keep Anderson as Kite will be done after next year.

Abacus

Juniors
Maybe although we may have signed Jamal assuming Tim &/or Sam would not be at the club in 2015.

maple_69

Bench
It did seem a bit odd picking up a potential origin rep and then trying to flog off two overpaid players because the previous admin had to agreed to silly contracts. The Mckendry has helped us with the long serving player concession. Someone like Brenton Lawrence would be brilliant. Or even a year behind in development.

Puntastic

Juniors
Plum is still around until 2015 according to Zero Tackle (so is Kite). Considering he's 31 and Kite is 33, we might see him around a touch longer if he keeps this form up.

It's a balancing act between immediate success and long-term sustainability. I'd like to see another prop brought in though.

Very happy with the BMM signing regardless.

Still think we might have fought to keep Grant if the "veteran" allowance had been announced a couple of weeks earlier. We're probably disadvantaged by this increase compared to other clubs.

maple_69

Bench
My understanding is that its capped at 250k so as long as we can write off 250k of Mckendrys salary it should mean we're utilising it to the full. It certainly may have changed the Grant decision though.

kiwipete

Juniors
Assuming Plum retires after this year our rotation will be Kite, Mckendry, Latimore and Mckendry. If we plan on using BMM as a prop he would force Latimore out you would think, leaving us with Anderson and Latimore as our depth which would be great. Either way I'd keep Anderson as Kite will be done after next year.

I think if we were honest both TG and Sam Mc are better prospects than Kite. This years Lats has probably been our best Prop and I would be phasing Anderson into the squad and give Plummy some time to get back to 100% fitness. His body is suffering from not having the shoulder Op he needed last year, he is definately looking tired. Docker is playing injured too so I reckon both Anderson and RCG need to be brought through to FG in the back half of the season rather than looking elsewhere.
Lats and Anderson are off contract this year and are as good as anyone out there in the market IMO.Sign them up now.

Big Mick

Referee
Apparently Phil Gould has been messaging clubs asking about props.

I know he has messaged the Bulldogs so far.

Apparently about Kasiano and Perrett.

Both would be the impact style of prop we need.

franklin2323

Immortal
Apparently Phil Gould has been messaging clubs asking about props.

I know he has messaged the Bulldogs so far.

Apparently about Kasiano and Perrett.

Both would be the impact style of prop we need.

Both I would take in a heartbeat. Both Early 20's fill the impact type we lack

chrisD

Coach
With the dogs pack and emergence of Klemner it makes every sense they would be willing to let Kasiano go, maybe even they're counting on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts