What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
Smart move by Robinson. I rate him in our full strength side, but realistically, he won't be next year. Hope he goes well at the Tits. If he can put together some time on the park he could crack the NZ side.

franklin2323

Immortal
Smart move by Robinson. I rate him in our full strength side, but realistically, he won't be next year. Hope he goes well at the Tits. If he can put together some time on the park he could crack the NZ side.

Assuming we move Manu to prop. Our likely backrow is Brown/Taylor/Docker up there Harrison is gone and Minichello can't be far behind. So hard to knock back an advance.

betcats

Referee
Has the Manu to prop thing got any legs? We throw it around a lot on here but outside of him saying he likes to play prop I havent seen anything to suggest he will be moved, could be wrong though.

Anyway by this time next season you would have to think out atleast one of Cartwright/Yeo(I think he will be a backrower when he fills out)/VTK and BMM will be getting regular minutes in the backrow, maybe more then one.

I like Matty but can see why he would move to another club. Anyway goodluck to him if true.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Has the Manu to prop thing got any legs? We throw it around a lot on here but outside of him saying he likes to play prop I havent seen anything to suggest he will be moved, could be wrong though.

Anyway by this time next season you would have to think out atleast one of Cartwright/Yeo(I think he will be a backrower when he fills out)/VTK and BMM will be getting regular minutes in the backrow, maybe more then one.

I like Matty but can see why he would move to another club. Anyway goodluck to him if true.

I read something pre-season about a few players being trained in other positions. Peachey at hooker, Docker and Manu at prop were 3 I remember

maple_69

Bench
Maybe based on performances this year. In terms of what we know Grant, Mckendry and Plum can produce I'm not sure that's stronger. Manu wouldnt be a guaranteed success. I think if Mckendry leaves and Plum retires we need to bring in one from prop. Kite, Manu, Latimore, BMM and a couple youngsters doesn't fill me with confidence.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Assuming McKendry follows Grant out. Plum retires and Kingston all 3 are very likely

Leaves us with

Kite
Seg
Manu
Brown
Taylor
Docker

Bench
Peachey
Latimore
BMM
???

Still far better then we have now

I disagree. That is a very weak looking pack. Surely that can't be how we are intending to line up next year?

Big Mick

Referee
Who.... Robbo? Warriors junior mate.

Know that mate.

Just some idiots on social media like to make out every player that makes a debut is a junior.

As for Robbo but in general....until it is announced he's signed with the Titans I wouldn't rule us out in retaining him.

We are notorious for backflips...lol....and if he tears it up this weekend?....who knows what happens.

franklin2323

Immortal
I disagree. That is a very weak looking pack. Surely that can't be how we are intending to line up next year?

But not worse then having Peachey, Seg, Taylor and Kingston as we have done this year.

That aside. Saunders, Smith up from NYC to NSW Cup. Anderson ,RCG and Cherrington to FT. We start next year no worse off. Then bring Masoe back and we are far better off

franklin2323

Immortal
Maybe based on performances this year. In terms of what we know Grant, Mckendry and Plum can produce I'm not sure that's stronger. Manu wouldnt be a guaranteed success. I think if Mckendry leaves and Plum retires we need to bring in one from prop. Kite, Manu, Latimore, BMM and a couple youngsters doesn't fill me with confidence.

Grabnt and McKendry have done the same for 2 years. So clearly don't go well with the setup Ivan has in place. If we can get Matulino or someone fair enough but the NSW Cup props are great and can make the jump..

Iafeta

Referee
I don't know if you need to go too hard into the market with your forwards. I listened to the Warriors/Penrith NSW Cup game, it sounded like your blokes mauled the Warriors pack to shreds. Which isn't an easy feat in NSW Cup. Jeremy Latimore also is going well, he finally seems to have an environment where the coach can give him the confidence to be a consistently selected player. Always though Jeremy was a very good talent.

Iafeta

Referee
Know that mate.

Just some idiots on social media like to make out every player that makes a debut is a junior.

As for Robbo but in general....until it is announced he's signed with the Titans I wouldn't rule us out in retaining him.

We are notorious for backflips...lol....and if he tears it up this weekend?....who knows what happens.

Ha, cool!

Robbo seriously surprised me I must say. He was an honest toiler, no more at the Warriors. He looked to be playing well for you blokes. Is it just me or is Sharky Brown not performing to the same level he was at the Warriors? Robbo may have been a better investment in that sense.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Ha, cool!

Robbo seriously surprised me I must say. He was an honest toiler, no more at the Warriors. He looked to be playing well for you blokes. Is it just me or is Sharky Brown not performing to the same level he was at the Warriors? Robbo may have been a better investment in that sense.

Agree with Iafeta here.

Robinson was the typical NYC workhorse who could sometimes run a good line. At the time we had Luck, Taylor, Mannering, Henry rated above him so it was no surprise he left and I expected to see him fade away tbh.

When he showed up in first grade though had really packed on some muscle, was still running good lines, but was actually breaking through tackles with a bit of speed too.

Good pick up for the Titans, but not a killer blow to the Panthers.

Definitely would gave him ahead of Brown though who really was never that great. In 2011 he took some storming dummy half runs, but wasn't a constant threat on the edge. Don't know how often he gets into dummy half for you guys but he's not a real edge threat that will gave teams concerned and his defense can be a little grabby at times.

I don't think Brown will last long with the back rowers you guys have in lower grades, and maybe that's part of Cleary's logic. Either way Robinson/Brown would be a short term fill so he opted for the extra experience in the meantime.

soc123_au

Staff member
Brown has his moments. He still hasn't reproduced the quality of his best games at the Warriors for us, I was pretty chuffed when he signed for us based on some of what I had seen. Decent player, but sometimes he tries too hard. Can be a bit of a handbrake & make a dumb error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts