What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

Referee
Mikele ‏@Ultramikele 15h
Also mansours brother said that josh was very happy and he will join the raiders next season

Raiders offer must have been huge!

Karnivayne

Juniors
Whoever gave him advice that signing with Canberra is a good idea is creating career suicide for Josh. Mansour isnt far off origin (if he gets a couple of issues out of his game), has media exposure in a team on the up and close enough to the city. His manager is thinking about lining his own pockets and not his players welfare, typical scumbag.

Mansour isn't close origin quality. He has massive strengths but even bigger flaws. His biggest strength is doing the work or lazy forwards

Karnivayne

Juniors
Mansour isn't close origin quality. He has massive strengths but even bigger flaws. His biggest strength is doing the work or lazy forwards

Hence why i said has a couple of issues with his game, high ball, decision making and ball security are key areas he needs to work on, i'm not really fussed if he leaves us as we have Nabuli and DWZ who will be/are a better option but moving to Canberra is a dumb decision.

chrisD

Coach
Mansour's positioning and defence since the Rabbits game has been excellent. Positioning wise he's been responsible for letting in 1 try this season, same as Simmons and probably what you'd expect of a winger at this level this far into the season.

Panther Pete

Juniors
His hands have also been pretty good the last few games but he just seemed to be running sideways a lot rather than straight against the raiders.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Mansour isn't close to Origin, he is not a good winger, he is an extra foward, i think DWZ and Eto are both far better wingers.

maple_69

Bench
The Raiders game was the first in a while that he didn't really stand out with his go forward. He's been referred to as a potential origin player because the weaknesses he has are solvable. Defensive issues should cone with time if he applies himself, hands maybe. Michael Gordon got to Origin deservedly with a similar skill set but more polish in defense.
I'm fine if he goes though. We have plenty of options.

Pomoz

Bench
The Raiders game was the first in a while that he didn't really stand out with his go forward. He's been referred to as a potential origin player because the weaknesses he has are solvable. Defensive issues should cone with time if he applies himself, hands maybe. Michael Gordon got to Origin deservedly with a similar skill set but more polish in defense.
I'm fine if he goes though. We have plenty of options.

I think if he had good hand eye coordination with all the training he would have had, his catching would be fixed. He just ain't got it and it is unlikely to improve.

Mansour isn't close to Origin, he is not a good winger, he is an extra foward, i think DWZ and Eto are both far better wingers.

He doesn't run for the meters he does if he isn't playing on the wing.

He could still be good in the forwards but the extra room he has on the wing combined with his power & pace make him what he is. Sure he's not as fast as other wingers but he's faster than most forwards.

Big Mick

Referee
Hearing the offer to Mansour is in the region of $450k per year.

Not sure if that is including incentives like Origin etc. But damn that'd be hard to turn down.

soc123_au

Staff member
Good luck to him if he gets that sort of coin. If he knocked that back you would have to question his sanity. He has earnt every cent since being with us, so you can only wish the bloke well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts