What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick87

Coach
The Raiders would not love Walsh. If we wanted a halfback who conceded more tries than he set up, we'd have stuck with Michael Dobson or Sam Williams

maple_69

Bench
I think Walsh would 've alright at Canberra. With Cornish prrovidibg a lot of the spark he could focus on what he does best. Same with Cronulla/Carney. His defence did improve but he'd be a weakness obviously, same with a lot of halves though.

soc123_au

Staff member
I read a snippit somewhere we have all but signed one of the young gun hookers from Souffs. Sounds possible given the Mark Hughes appointment. Interesting development if true.

maple_69

Bench
It would be odd if true given we have Segs and one of the best young hookers in the game coming through already. Plus if they're concerned about Moseley not being ready to back Segs up next year Foster is around and Brown, Taylor and Peachey can fill in at a pinch.

Big Mick

Referee
I have a feeling Moseley may be heading back to Nth Qld tbh. Just a gut feeling.

As for re-signings:
Jeremy Latimore
Sam Anderson
Eto Nabuli

Got a feeling these will be announced soon.

Hopefully Robert Jennings too.

maple_69

Bench
If I was NQLD I'd be going hard after him.
If that's how it goes down strengthening our spine given there are no quality halves on the market is great.

Raiders fans would be furious.

franklin2323

Immortal
I have a feeling Moseley may be heading back to Nth Qld tbh. Just a gut feeling.

As for re-signings:
Jeremy Latimore
Sam Anderson
Eto Nabuli

Got a feeling these will be announced soon.

Hopefully Robert Jennings too.

Makes sense Seg is only 24. he will be a bench hooker at best for us. He could be their starting hooker there

Big Mick

Referee
Who have we signed?

Rumour was Api Koraisau which is why I had the feeling maybe Moseley is heading on.

But who knows. I don't know if they will be big names...maybe one big name.

Wouldn't be surprised by the following:
Sam Kasiano
Lloyd Perrett
Tariq Sims
Api Koraisau

No inside info at all just rumours I'd heard at one point or another. I'd imagine maybe one of them and a few young guys.

Puntastic

Juniors
Souths have to lose one of their two young hookers with Luke hanging around, but I'm surprised Api is linked to us. He's a handy player, but with Segs and Moseley I didn't think we'd compete for his signature (and I'm sure plenty are sniffing around). It would be sad to see Moseley go. Hughes does give us a nice inside track to Souths plentiful junior stocks.

The rumour was that Kasiano was chasing an early release (he's signed until 2015) but that seems to have gone cold with the Fifita contract falling through. He's exactly the kind of player I'd be chasing. Wouldn't be disappointed with Sims either. Don't know enough about Perrett beyond his playing in the u20s for QLD.

Feel like we've got one big-ish signing up our sleeves for 2015 but it seems like the blokes on our radar (Sims, Kasiano) are all tied up in negotiations so it could be a while before anything is confirmed.

maple_69

Bench
At least we don't have to wait until January for our signing news these days. I'd say we'll know by June 30.

Big Mick

Referee
If we are within $100k of Mansour's offer...I reckon we are a chance of retaining him.

It may cost $300-350k to keep him.

Not totally against that...but hoping we don't lose someone else if we do retain him.

mxlegend99

Referee
$350k would be slight overs to keep him, but atleast hecwould earn that money for us unlike others we have paid overs,to keep.

I would love him to stay, but at full strength he wouldn't get a run IMO. George Jennings, Eto Nabouli, Kevin Naiqama and depending on Moylan, DWZ could all be fighting for wing spots.

Mansour is a beast, but he can't hold them all out when they're much faster and better under the high ball. George Jennings is the ideal replacement. He's a beast like Mansour, but faster and a better target for kicks. Possibky even more powerful, based on the way he shrugged off defenders in the 9s.

Big Mick

Referee
That's the thing isn't it.

If we re-sign Josh...we are essentially letting one of George Jennings, Robert Jennings, Kevin Naiqama, Eto Nabuli or DWZ walk...or Moylan if DWZ plays fullback.

I agree that in 2 years time he wouldn't make our full strength team and that it would likely be:

1. Dallin Watene-Zelzniak
2. George Jennings
3. Robert Jennings
4. Dean Whare
5. Eto Nabuli/Waqa Blake/Kevin Naqiama
6. Jamie Soward
7. Peter Wallace/Matt Moylan

With Idris shifting to the Backrow eventually once Lewis Brown/Matt Robinson depart for instance.

abpanther

Staff member
Why is Kevin Naiqama so highly thought of?

From what I've seen so far he wouldn't be in my future plans, nice depth but nothing more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts