What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashton

Juniors
I think it is a product of the marketplace.

I think we are lacking one more impact forward and Tariq Sims could be that guy.

There isn't really any props out there to get unless Kasiano gets released.

There was talk of JWH for 2016 but not sure that's feasible given Proctor re-signed with Storm now.

Manu is big enough to play prop and has been quoted as saying it is his preferred position. So who knows.

We'll have to just seen what happens if we do sign him but he has about 4-5 clubs talking to him atm.

yes we need a couple of good front rower. The problem is there is a shortage of quality front rowers.

Kilkenny

Coach
We have are very good front rower on our books in Regan Cambell Gillard. He is our next big thing. We also have Chris Smith who the club have very high opinions off. Yes by all means by all means bring another front rower in to the club but still need to recognise we do have kids coming thru who are going to do us proud.

maple_69

Bench
Well sure there are kids coming through and there should be a couple that could be really good first graders but we will need a prop to be brought in while we transition.
Next year it looks like our prop rotation will be Mckendry, Kite, Latimore, Anderson, RCG and maybe BMM and Manu. It should be pretty solid but if Manu and BMM aren't played at prop and RCG isn't a regular prospect we'll be pretty thin. Add a genuine first grade prop with a bit of impact and our pack is now pretty good. Kite leaves the following year and Smith, RCG step it up.

betcats

Referee
I haven't seen anything of our latest recruit as I rarely watch games other than our own featuring the Panthers.

What I have learnt reading the Souths forum is interesting in so much is Api can also play in the number seven apparently. So he has utility value if Wallace or Sowie are unavailable.

From what I am reading he is an amazing acquisition by Gus.

From what ive seen of him he has the potential to be Goulds best recruit so far, and thats saying something.

soc123_au

Staff member
Interesting times ahead. Simms at his best would be an excellent addition. Manu to prop & our pack would be right up there. We still won't have a genuine superstar, but would be very much above average everywhere. In saying that Whare is not far off superstar quality. Plus there is so much potential to hit that quality with some of the young guys.

Big Mick

Referee
Anyone get the idea reading Gus' column today about how prices of junior kids 17,18,19 year old is unsustainable that there is big money being thrown at Robert Jennings?

It seemed like odd timing to write the article & I find it hard to believe there isn't something behind it.

Big Mick

Referee
We have are very good front rower on our books in Regan Cambell Gillard. He is our next big thing. We also have Chris Smith who the club have very high opinions off. Yes by all means by all means bring another front rower in to the club but still need to recognise we do have kids coming thru who are going to do us proud.

Noone is saying we are ignoring them

Fact of the matter is Kite & Plum are going to probably retire after next year.

So then our only FG Props will really be Latimore and McKendry.

So RCG will have a role to play next year and Chris Smith and Andy Saunders will develop behind them next year.

martielang

Bench
I'd happily be proven wrong but I don't get the Simms hype and can't see the value for money. He's been average since breaking his leg and I honestly believe the money could be better spent elsewhere. Would love to see Sam Anderson get another extended stint in the top grade.

franklin2323

Immortal
Noone is saying we are ignoring them

Fact of the matter is Kite & Plum are going to probably retire after next year.

So then our only FG Props will really be Latimore and McKendry.

So RCG will have a role to play next year and Chris Smith and Andy Saunders will develop behind them next year.

Exactly I wouldn't replace Kite and Plum externally. However Grant needs to be replaced as the next tier aren't ready for regular starts yet. RCG should be in the F/T Squad next year with the odd game and build from there.

franklin2323

Immortal
Anyone get the idea reading Gus' column today about how prices of junior kids 17,18,19 year old is unsustainable that there is big money being thrown at Robert Jennings?

It seemed like odd timing to write the article & I find it hard to believe there isn't something behind it.

Yep but not just him. Lodge left on a huge deal a few others we tried to sign from other clubs for NYC were just too expensive

darkbloom

Juniors

I hope he wasn't complaining about it. Because he was the one of the instigators of the stockpiling of junior talent at the Roosters. Lured them in with big money, stored them and spat many of them out.

Mind you Panthers has always complained about that activity so the club would be perfectly right in whinging. But for Gus to complain is irony at best and hypocrisy at worst.

soc123_au

Staff member
Gus is pretty skilled at spinning things to suit his agenda. In this case his agenda is what he sees as best for the Panthers. Power to him I say.

darkbloom

Juniors
Gus is pretty skilled at spinning things to suit his agenda. In this case his agenda is what he sees as best for the Panthers. Power to him I say.

Yes indeed. Screw having principles - well solid ones anyway. Let the situation decide what principles you adopt.

soc123_au

Staff member
Its like politics. The right answer can change depending on when the question is asked.

maple_69

Bench
http://nrl.com/panther-mansour-torn-over-future/tabid/10874/newsid/79008/default.aspx

Back on track. Not too much new news here but good to hear he has been working so hard on his ability under the high ball. It has shown. I would have been a bit worried about losing our young guys to retain Mansour a month back but after that performance on the weekend I hope he stays. If not, we have replacements but this bloke is the real deal. No one else in the league could do what he did.

Doomednow

Bench
Love Mansour but him leaving night be best for everyone. He gets a great pay day and some younger guys get a chance.

He deserves a shot at Origin in any case.

mxlegend99

Referee
Good to see he wants to.stay.and is seriously considering taking less money to do so. Finally turning into a club that is desirable to play for, with us signing better quality players regularly then ever before, and most players wanting to stay.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
I fear Mansour will fade into a shadow of his current form if he moves to Canberra…

If he goes, it’s disappointing as I do enjoy watching him play. He’s been sensational.

But, the juniors we have coming through in those spots are potential superstars…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts