What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Yeah, I could live with Naiqama and Nabuli leaving (and Moseley, now that we have a replacement). It'll suck to see Jennings x 2, Blake, and Moss go. Anyway to cram them all in?

maple_69

Bench
DWZ, Mansour, Whare, Jennings, Jennings as a backline and Blake for depth. If we can hang onto those guys and lose Moss, Nabuli and Naiqama in the long run I'd be fine. Also regardless of huge potential it's likely that at least one of these guys will not make it so it's not like we're losing 3 Origin stars. As long as they make the right cas on who to retain and let go for the right money then we can't go too wrong.

Congrats Josh, he's certainly earned this contract.

I'm a little surprised we managed to re-sign him on a two year contract. Gus must have some mad negotiating skills because I would have thought he'd command a 3 year deal.

rabs

Staff member
The South Sydney Rabbitohs have confirmed that hooker Apisai Koroisau has signed a two year contract with the Penrith Panthers, starting in 2015.

Koroisau says his job at the Rabbitohs is not done yet.

“I’m happy to have things sorted out with my contract, but that is for me to think about in 2015,” Koroisau said.

“I still have a job to do here at Souths for the rest of the season and I’ll be doing everything I can to make sure I play a part in it being a successful season.

bummer

mxlegend99

Referee
Personally I see in the back end of 2015, start of 2016 as having this as our full strength backline:

1. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
2. Josh Mansour
3. Jamal Idris (moving to second row when Robert Jennings is ready)
4. Dean Whare
5. George Jennings

Depth in order of preference:
Robert Jennings
Isaah Yeo
Eto Nabouli
Waqa Blake
Keiran Moss
Will Smith
Kevin Naiqama
etc.

Obviously we can't hang onto them all, but if we keep the Jennings brothers and DWZ, they fill out the backline for when Simmons retires, Idris moves to second row and Moylan moves to the halves, I see us as having a damn near perfect backline.

Would hope to hang onto Robert Jennings obviously, as he will be in our top 17 once he has finished his development. Aswell as probably Yeo and Nabouli... but wouldn't be upset at losing the likes of Blake, Moss, Naiqama, Smith etc. as they would be well down the pecking order and possibly never get a run in first grade with us. THe more we can hang onto the better, as you never know when injuries could build up and they could come in handy. But if we can have our first choice 1-5, and 3 or 4 of our best depth players for backup. We're well and truly ahead of most teams already.

abpanther

Staff member
The Panthers keep losing players but are close to a massive coup by signing Cowboys back-rower Tariq Sims.

The big forward wants to return to Sydney on compassionate grounds – his partner has a baby and wants more family support - and the Panthers are leading the race for his signature.

The Knights are also keen but the distance away from Sydney makes Penrith Sims’ desired option.

pantherpuddy

Juniors
I wouldn't panic yet about losing players in our backs. In fullbacks we only have Moylan , DWZ and Moss. Theres no shame in being in the nsw cup side and putting pressure on with good performances. Dallin can also be used as a winger and if 1 of these 3 is injured then the other 2 will be getting game time. Moss definitely has some ground to make up but anything can happen if there was an injury to Moylan.
Our wingers consist of Mansour, simmons, nabuli, naiqama. Simmons will be fazed out after this season and really its up to naiqama and nabuli to put their hands up to be picked, at the moment DWZ would be ahead of them for a permanent wing spot. Nabuli has great potential but he still has improvement left to hold down a weekly spot in the nrl.
In the centres we have Whare, Idris, Yeo, Jennings and blake. You would assume Yeo wont be in the centres for much longer so there is plenty of incentive especially with uncertainty with idris, for Jennings and blake to make a centre spot their own in 2015. Injuries can happen and players will grab these opportunities due to our competitive squad. George Jennings would have featured in the nrl had it not been for his injury and it is giving blake great experience in nsw cup.
2015 backline
1 Moylan
2 Mansour
3 Whare
4 Idris
5 DWZ
with moss and George Jennings ready to pounce

maple_69

Bench
I don't get shy that article refers to us as 'keeps losing players'. Roberts, Grant? Our retention so far of a huge squad has been excellent.

Puntastic

Juniors
I don't get shy that article refers to us as 'keeps losing players'. Roberts, Grant? Our retention so far of a huge squad has been excellent.

Yeah, was here to post the same thing.

Feel like Cleary could get the best out of Sims if he manages to stay fit.

pantherpuddy

Juniors
Has there been any official word on matt robinson from us or the titans. It was said he was going to the titans but I haven't seen anything official ?

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
In the Knights rumoured signings thread :lol:

Which also had this gem of a post:

I live on the central coast and 45% of workers work in Syndey. That is minimum 90 mins with traffic flow each way five days a week. That is what makes me laugh at these players who whinge about Newie being too far away. It is pathetic. Gould is starting to irritate me. His opportunism is disgusting. Channel 9 just suck up every word this arrogant know it all spits out. How many players has Gould signed in the last 12 months that are rising stars at other clubs by getting rid of current players that were signed on back ended deals? They have the best junior nursery in the world!

Grant is gone cos he cost too much. McKendry gets a stay of execution despite us needing him far more than Penrith did due to long term player allowance . Yet he takes our juniors at will. Why do they need both Segeyaro and that young hooker from Souths? Greed. Gould is a narcissist. He thinks his shit does not stink. This man will babble on about how much newcastle is needed in the game but does sweet f all to support us, will refuse to release players for the good of the game cos it affects his club, and then takes players from other clubs for his own ego. That folks is the NRL. A TV game designed to keep the poor down and let the rich flourish. Capitalism with a football.

Big Mick

Referee
My response to that dickhead would be...stiff shit. He works for Penrith not the NRL. Maybe if your CEO had a f**king clue he'd get a job done.

Panther Pete

Juniors
So this guy is basically critical of Gould because he is doing his job as the GM of Panthers trying to build the strongest footy club possible within the rules. Perhaps he should be telling Gidley to do the same for their club rather than bagging our boss for doing his job!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts