What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

Referee
Koroisau Official:

Panthers are pleased to announce the signing of South Sydney player Apisai Koroisau for the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

The 21 year old hooker was one of the North Sydney Bears’ top performers in 2013, he has played four tests for Fiji and was part of their World Cup squad last year.

He has played 8 first grade games for the Rabbitohs and is described as a very crafty and quick player out of dummy half.

Panthers General Manager Rugby League Phil Moss says Apisai will add some depth to our ranks for next year.

“Apisai is a welcome addition to the Panthers family for 2015. He has speed, agility and representative football experience and he will play a key role in our team structure in the years to come.”

Apisai will join Penrith for the 2015 pre-season.

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2014/06/03/souths_hooker_joins_panthers.html

chrisD

Coach
Like for like if Moseley moves on, well Koroisau is a year ahead really. Moseley has a better (perfect) ball off the ground.

Big Mick

Referee
Maybe I am reading too much into the Moseley thing. I had just heard earlier in the year he was homesick...maybe he is staying who knows.

The thing I like most is if we play two hookers like now we don't lose tempo like we are at the moment. We'll be playing at a consistent high speed.

Puntastic

Juniors
Api is a gun. Liked everything I've seen so far, went alright in the RLWC too.

Not sure how he factors into the equation for the years to come. Definitely good enough to play first grade (he's one of the two kids that Souths were contemplating letting Luke go over).

Still, if Peachy, Api and Segeyaro are supposed to all fit into the first grade squad, I can see us having the same problems we have with size when Kingston is in the side.

Either the thinking is that those three can keep up go forward intensity enough to compensate for lack of size (unlike Kingston), or Api is currently just seen as a depth signing, which I can see being a big waste of his talent (and why I'm a little surprised by his wanting to come here).

Very happy to have him on our books, just not to sure what to expect.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
Had a weird feeling after Friday that he'd stay. His reactions after the tries made me think he was staying.

God I hope so.

Would make sense though. $100-150k less would equate to $50 - $75k after tax. Then he'd have to re-locate and have to pay rent down there...or buy which would take up a significant chunk of that....so when all is said and done it'd be like a $30k difference and do u take that...or stay with what you know

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
Rugby League News ‏@RugbyLeagueNews 32m
BREAKING: Penrith Panthers are set to announce the re-signing of winger Josh Mansour. #nrl #pantherpride

Puntastic

Juniors
I wouldn't have been upset if he left but am happy he is staying.

I feel the same way. I think it boils down to confidence in management - we know that Gus will get the price right, and it means that whatever happens will be best for all parties concerned.

If it's true, the obvious priority now becomes the Jennings boys, unfortunately likely at the cost of Nabuli and Blake.

BxTom

Bench
I think Mansour is agreat player to keep. It also makes me very happy that we can keep players like this, knowing that they have REAL confidence in the club gives me confidence. It's starting to feel like 85/86 again. Anyone of my age (53) will remember the feeling around the club at that time. You could feel a premiership coming. Took a few years, but we knew things had changed for the better. We had a good mix of proven players and young up and coming locals. Just like now.

Tom.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
We will certainly lose a prospect as a result. Maybe Nabuli and Waqa Blake as a result if we keep Robert Jennings because spaces will be a premium now.

If Idris moves to second row (if he returns) and then Simmons retires and Moylan moves to halves...that's three spots for DWZ, R.Jennings, G.Jennings, K.Naiqama, E.Nabuli, W.Blake, K.Moss - 7 into 3 does not go. We will end up losing someone we want to keep if not for cap purposes but opportunity.

Big Mick

Referee
Josh Mansour @Josh_Mansour · 1m
“@chicko9: So happy to see the flying saucer re-signing! Congrats bretherrrrrr yewwwwww @Josh_Mansour pic.twitter.com/KcK4hxGH7g” thanks bro

As official as we need

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
We will certainly lose a prospect as a result. Maybe Nabuli and Waqa Blake as a result if we keep Robert Jennings because spaces will be a premium now.

If Idris moves to second row (if he returns) and then Simmons retires and Moylan moves to halves...that's three spots for DWZ, R.Jennings, G.Jennings, K.Naiqama, E.Nabuli, W.Blake, K.Moss - 7 into 3 does not go. We will end up losing someone we want to keep if not for cap purposes but opportunity.

The fact that Mansour is even considering knocking back more money to stay is a testament to the power of being in first grade and trusted to do the job. That's why I would be phasing out Simmons sooner rather than later; by providing a spot on the wing to one of these players, we increase the chance of retaining them without overpaying. Maybe.

soc123_au

Staff member
Glad he is staying. I cant help feel a bit sorry for Raiders fans tbh. f**k Ricky, but most of their fans are good guys.

Puntastic

Juniors
Nabuli is 26 this year, so his long term prospects aren't great. Blake is a talent, has a long career ahead of him, but Robert has to be priority, and I feel like you lose both or keep both brothers.

We're going to have a similar bottleneck in the forwards soon enough, we're going to see some tough and unpopular decisions made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts