What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisD

Coach
Has there been any official word on matt robinson from us or the titans. It was said he was going to the titans but I haven't seen anything official ?

We could afford to lose a back rower or 2, probably for the best of all, Cherrington not be able to get a run in NSW Cup is a bit much.

maple_69

Bench
So long story short he is jealous that Gould is proving very good at his job. You know you're on the right track when other fans start to hate you.

ashton

Juniors
So this guy is basically critical of Gould because he is doing his job as the GM of Panthers trying to build the strongest footy club possible within the rules. Perhaps he should be telling Gidley to do the same for their club rather than bagging our boss for doing his job!!
This is coming from a guy whose members sold their club to a billionaire. And half their Harold Matthews winning side came from juniors outside the Newcastle junior league..

Last edited:

Doomednow

Bench
Wow. That post. What a complete f**king idiot hahaha.

Old mate wants a hand out and is upset our GM is looking out for our club first.

Puntastic

Juniors
According to Gus on twitter Sims will not be coming to Penrith.
I think we will signed an unnamed front rower to replace Tim Grant.

That's a shame (if true, I haven't actually read said tweet). I couls see Sims really reaching his potential under Cleary.

Don't know what other front rower's are on the market. Llyod Perrett is an promising jr linked to us, but we have youngsters of our own coming through. Beyond that, I don't know what I'd chase.

Kasiano and Matulino both seem to be content with their situations, and if Sims won't come to us I suspect our immediate options are exhausted.

I doubt a lack of prop signing has influenced the Mansour offer... I hope if wasnt a factor, I have faith in Gus not to offer overs.

Last edited:

Puntastic

Juniors
I actually cant find a tweet to that affect? Is there a link? Thanks/sorry in advance.

Regarding future cap space, Idris situation seems wholly uncertain, will have a huge impact on our retentions/signings. Hope he's committed to staying. Otherwise, a few contracts are up in the air.

I suspect he's still committed as a Panther, but it's not certain by any means.

Wish Jamal all the best, wish the best could mean playing for us.

T Sims is a loose forward, I wouldn't want him in the front-row for us. And we've got enough cover in the back-row. Danny Kirmond seems to want to come to the NRL, he's got a good attitude, but as I said we're covered at loose forward.

franklin2323

Immortal
I want to keep Nabuli.

He can only play wing & at 26 he's low on the list.

Idris can play backrow. Mansour can do similar. Moylan halves so we have options to play as many outside backs as we want and still keep the guys we have now.

As for prop I heard Perrett & Jake Trbojevic were in talks worse case we have Manu that wants to play prop. RCG will be able to handle a few games as a depth prop. So we don't need to get a name

age.s

First Grade
A taste of success giving us the odd irrational hater feels about as good as I thought it would.

chrisD

Coach
So Manu to front row as no real replacement for Grant seems coming. Not like we've used him as a real scoring threat since soon after he first arrived anyway. May as well move him this year with Grant in pariah status and having more back rowers than we know what to do with.

franklin2323

Immortal
So Manu to front row as no real replacement for Grant seems coming. Not like we've used him as a real scoring threat since soon after he first arrived anyway. May as well move him this year with Grant in pariah status and having more back rowers than we know what to do with.

Yep. I would be surprised is Grant sees out the year

soc123_au

Staff member
T Sims is a loose forward, I wouldn't want him in the front-row for us. And we've got enough cover in the back-row. Danny Kirmond seems to want to come to the NRL, he's got a good attitude, but as I said we're covered at loose forward.

Didnt realise you were a Panthers fan. Kirmond would be a good pickup, but likely overpriced for what Gus will want to spend.

mxlegend99

Referee
So is there any chance Idris will be playing for us again this year or in the future?

He seems to be rumoured heavily to never wear a Panther jersey again, and everyone seems to accept it as likely to happen. If anyone knows and can't say for whatever reason, could they PM me. Just feel so out of the loop on this one.

franklin2323

Immortal
So is there any chance Idris will be playing for us again this year or in the future?

He seems to be rumoured heavily to never wear a Panther jersey again, and everyone seems to accept it as likely to happen. If anyone knows and can't say for whatever reason, could they PM me. Just feel so out of the loop on this one.

Any case of this type of thing. Barba & Sandow for example they were told playing footy is the best thing for them. I presume the same is true here

mxlegend99

Referee
I hope he returns healthy and happy for the run to the finals, his form was getting back to near his best. I think another month and he was at peak form for us.

But his health definitely should come first. Wait till 2015 if we need. Do right by him.

maple_69

Bench
He's a big personality who shot to rep football before he probably deserved it. Some would day because of his hair. Now he's earned his place in the game but people will still delight in any downfall whether invented or not.

betcats

Referee
I hope he returns healthy and happy for the run to the finals, his form was getting back to near his best. I think another month and he was at peak form for us.

But his health definitely should come first. Wait till 2015 if we need. Do right by him.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts