What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

Referee
Packer discussed in the paper today.

My opinion on this is that while I acknowledge that all people can make one terrible mistake and deserve a shot at rehabilitation this would be tough pill to swallow.

You'd have to think if he comes to Penrith that it's Cleary that wants him and thinks he can get the most out of him.

But I'd find it very difficult to cheer for a guy like that.

Puntastic

Juniors
Don't want him. Goes against a lot of hard work the club has done.

Interesting to see who the Eels have pinched, bad news no matter who it is if true.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yep Russell Packer might be a good player. But he's a scum. human being and should never play in the NRL again.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
No thanks. He was one of a core group of players identified as having a negative influence on the playing group as a whole in terms of club culture, training etc. at the Warriors, and I'd rather not have him here. Sure, I assume he wasn't like that under Cleary, otherwise he wouldn't be considered, but now is now, and pass.

betcats

Referee
Cleary would know whether he could get him comitted or not considering the time they had togethor. Im more worried he will make us look bad with another incident.

We gave Taumata and Roberts chances and they both threw them in our faces, im over these redemption stories. We are looking at a big season next year and I dont want some dumb f**ker to disrupt it by pissing himself and assaulting someone or whatever.

Big Mick

Referee
He tried to kill someone. He's human scum and I would be embarrassed if he signed

Yep...that sums up my thoughts a bit more succinctly

I'd rather throw money at Josh McGuire if we are desperate for a prop.

But Masoe will and should be #1 priority right now.

Sime_11

Juniors
agree a no to Packer but i trust Gus & Ivan's decision whatever the outcome,

just looking at that DT article, Mitch Allgood tapped on the shoulder by Parra, would you consider him? I would, just needs more control of himself in the game, could be a handy Prop off the bench IMO.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
agree a no to Packer but i trust Gus & Ivan's decision whatever the outcome,

just looking at that DT article, Mitch Allgood tapped on the shoulder by Parra, would you consider him? I would, just needs more control of himself in the game, could be a handy Prop off the bench IMO.

Allgood? f**k no.

Big Mick

Referee
He's useless. The only noteworthy thing he has ever done is clock Matai. If the Eels, who are hardly blessed at prop, are letting him go, that tells you everything.

Couldn't you make the same case for Tim Grant and us considering we aren't exactly blessed at prop either

Big Mick

Referee
Feel free. If you think Allgood is an upgrade on Tim Grant, good luck to you.

Not saying that at all.

Just pointing out a potential flaw in the argument that just because someone is not getting chosen and the person in front of them isn't good automatically means that person is shit.

We need a few props and I highly doubt Gus will leave us short. So far he's done almost everything right recruitment wise. Even missing JT and Carney but getting Sowie

martielang

Bench
I think Allgood is on his way to Dragons. He is a Penrith junior though, so you never know.

He's not half as bad as some of you make him out to be. Would be a solid signing.

I wish we had a crack at Tim Browne before he re-signed. Would of added some real size to out pack. May open the door for Kasiano to come this way though.

Status
Not open for further replies.