What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
With Nabuli confirmed to the Dragons our outside back depth is starting to look skinny. I guess it's
1. Moss 2. Jennings 3. Blake 4. Smith 5. Simmons 6. John 7. Api?
Hopefully Simmons stays for one more year and DWZ doesn't go on his mission or we're a bit light on.

Big Mick

Referee
When you've got a guy in every position in your NSW Cup backline capable of playing first grade....I would say our depth is pretty good.

Probably just can't afford a massive injury crisis...but one or two guys down at a time we got more than enough cover.

franklin2323

Immortal
With Nabuli confirmed to the Dragons our outside back depth is starting to look skinny. I guess it's
1. Moss 2. Jennings 3. Blake 4. Smith 5. Simmons 6. John 7. Api?
Hopefully Simmons stays for one more year and DWZ doesn't go on his mission or we're a bit light on.

That's the backline I would have. The issue is it's skinny from there. Like if Blake gets into NRL who is next for NSW Cup. Like I said we need that Corey Thompson or Robinson signing rumour for that reason

franklin2323

Immortal
Still leaves Peachey, Taylor, Manu and Idris as possibles.

Do we still have Aiono? He got a NSW Cup game didn't he?

I am hoping Peachey gets the 6 jersey but yeah there's heaps of options.

I think we kept Aiono and Jay but not certain

maple_69

Bench
Yeah it is actually a great back line. Take Blake out and put Robert in. The problem is we never seem to have a couple injuries we have 10. I guess we can't expect to have two quality first grade sides but it sometimes feels like that's what we need. It's the only thing I see as derailing a very strong period of success for us.

mxlegend99

Referee
We should offer Brad Takairangi a contract. Tigers have backflipped on their deal with him and he is without a club. I know we're pretty well stocked in the positions he covers, but if we offer him a minimum wage contract (or even say $150k a season) and he accepts it on a one or two year deal, he could be a great value signing.

chrisD

Coach
Willie soundbyte was played on Triple M last night, he said he's moving to Sydney and wants a Sydney club, not about money but about winning a premiership and specifically said he thinks Manly and Penrith are teams closing in on a premiership and he gets on well with their staff.

franklin2323

Immortal
We should offer Brad Takairangi a contract. Tigers have backflipped on their deal with him and he is without a club. I know we're pretty well stocked in the positions he covers, but if we offer him a minimum wage contract (or even say $150k a season) and he accepts it on a one or two year deal, he could be a great value signing.

Great for us. I think he's good enough and will be looking to play regular FG. Something we can't offer

chrisD

Coach
Takairangi is class and we should be sniffing about if there's no-one around willing to pay decent coin for him, even if I'm not sure what we'd do with him.

Kilkenny

Coach
Very pleased for Simpkins. He's has been very good this year in NSW Cup and could crack it for 13 jumper at the Titans. He is certainly good enough in my opinion.

I feel confident we may announce a couple of signings of our own in not to far distant future. No inside info just a gut feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts