What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
Rumour has it that Spence will not return, too many headknocks last year, shame he looked good early on.

I saw him in a video released by main website interviewing new recruit Rodney Coates. Gave impression he was in full training just from the discussions during interview so I am not sure any truth to that rumour.

mikail-eagle

Bench
Anything you can tell us about him?

Name: Stanton Albert
Aged: 19
Height: 190 cm
Weight: 110 kg
Position: Prop
PNG Digicel Cup Club: Hela Wigmen

Stanton Albert started the year (2014) with the Hela Wigmen in the PNG National Competition, The Digicel Cup. After the Hunters lost Prop Mark Mexico to the Cronulla Sharks around May 2014, Stanton Albert was called up to the Hunters as his replacement.

He mostly started from the bench and only started a handful of games.

In June 2014 he left the PNG Hunters for 2 weeks to travel to Glasgow, Scotland with the PNG U19's to take part in the Commonwealth Games exhibition 9's tournament.

PNG won the tournament, beating Australia 22-8 in the final. Stanton Albert was named player of the Tournament.

After the tournament he returned to the PNG Hunters in their push towards getting a finals placing in their maiden year in the Intrust Super Cup. Unfortunately they missed the top 5 by one point and finished in 6th place.

However, Albert's digicel cup team the Hela Wigmen where playing in the finals back home so he returned to them and helped them in winning their first National Title.

Below is a youtube clip from the Glasgow Nines. Stanton Albert is in the number 13.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fKTMGhUqy4

Randy81

Juniors
Name: Stanton Albert
Aged: 19
Height: 190 cm
Weight: 110 kg
Position: Prop
PNG Digicel Cup Club: Hela Wigmen

Stanton Albert started the year (2014) with the Hela Wigmen in the PNG National Competition, The Digicel Cup. After the Hunters lost Prop Mark Mexico to the Cronulla Sharks around May 2014, Stanton Albert was called up to the Hunters as his replacement.

He mostly started from the bench and only started a handful of games.

In June 2014 he left the PNG Hunters for 2 weeks to travel to Glasgow, Scotland with the PNG U19's to take part in the Commonwealth Games exhibition 9's tournament.

PNG won the tournament, beating Australia 22-8 in the final. Stanton Albert was named player of the Tournament.

After the tournament he returned to the PNG Hunters in their push towards getting a finals placing in their maiden year in the Intrust Super Cup. Unfortunately they missed the top 5 by one point and finished in 6th place.

However, Albert's digicel cup team the Hela Wigmen where playing in the finals back home so he returned to them and helped them in winning their first National Title.

Below is a youtube clip from the Glasgow Nines. Stanton Albert is in the number 13.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fKTMGhUqy4

Thanks mate. Looks to have good size about him

YoungPanther

Juniors
Are we the Titans rehab clinic?

As much as I have fond memories of the past and would love to hear the names collectivley again, Cartwright and Carter, I am over the chances these guys get.

Not saying we haven't all done some dumb things but I don't want to be associated as a club that picks up every teams drop kicks. We did that in the past and hopefully we now have a better culture than that.

Thankfully, we don't have Mary crying on how unjust Packer has been treated just to get him a gig.

Not trying to start a bun fight but happy to see these cases elsewhere. I know we don't have a team of angels but rather be in the papers for good reasons.

mxlegend99

Referee
Cartwright, Peachey, Taylor, Brown and hopefully Idris. No room for guys who expect big minutes but would be depth in our roster.

Nobody can force their way into our second row rotation. Props on the other hand are a huge chance. We have Latimore and McKendry who are good enough. Anderson who will probably be. Then Kite who is holding back someone better.

roofromoz

First Grade
I too would love to see Penrith pick up Carter, purely from a sentimental father / son perspective. But unless there was injuries on the scale of this season, I couldn't see him crack a spot in first grade.

Copperhead

Juniors
Cartwright, Peachey, Taylor, Brown and hopefully Idris. No room for guys who expect big minutes but would be depth in our roster.

Nobody can force their way into our second row rotation. Props on the other hand are a huge chance. We have Latimore and McKendry who are good enough. Anderson who will probably be. Then Kite who is holding back someone better.

Wonder where Manu fits in that puzzle? If he's not pushed forward to prop, our over supply of second rowers will mean Idris stays at centre, and Blake will have to wait for an injury in our backbone to get a chance.

franklin2323

Immortal
Wonder where Manu fits in that puzzle? If he's not pushed forward to prop, our over supply of second rowers will mean Idris stays at centre, and Blake will have to wait for an injury in our backbone to get a chance.

He admitted he was told he was dropped for the Bathurst game only to get an injury forced reprive. You would think all hands on deck if he's a backrower he will get real friendly with Garth Brennan

betcats

Referee
I read that we signed another young fijian found by Fitler and Johns on their annual trip.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/wh...ayne-replacement/story-e6freuy9-1227180768437

GOULD’S FIJIAN PRODIGY
PHIL Gouldis no stranger to a punt, which is why the Penrith boss has agreed to sign rugby league’s rawest talent.
Young Fijian flyer Kamineli Baisagale is set to join the Panthers after being unearthed by league greats Brad Fittler and Andrew Johns.
Two other islanders handpicked by the pair, Jone Waqaliva and Eroni Tuwai, have been signed by the Roosters and Bulldogs, respectively. ISC is helping finance their move to Australia.

mxlegend99

Referee
Wish it was longer. But good news still, the kid will be worth a lot more when negotiating his 2017 onwards contract. Probably in his best interest to wait a year or two before signing a 3 or 4 year deal.

The Teach

Juniors
As much as I hate to say it, the shortness of the extension may have something to do with his rumoured Mormon mission. Hope I'm wrong though.

betcats

Referee
^Yeah his manager woulsnt be doing his job if he let him sign for longer. Also it keeps his options open in regards to taking a break for his mission, has there been any word on that btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.