What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
I would have thought he'd go after this year. He'll be 21 by the time this contract ends. Hoppa was about 18 when he left.

mxlegend99

Referee
We are favourites to sign Trent Merrin now.

Would be a massive signing if we pulled it off, I just hope we dont do so by outbidding the Dragons biggest ever offer to a forward and that Gus convinces him to sign on reasonable money at a club who will be a premiership force.

He's not worth $700k or whatever it was that Dragons offered. I think $500k would be a good price for both parties.

Merrin, Mckendry, Latimore and Anderson/RCG would be a reasonable front row rotation. Should lay the platform we need and not have to worry about carrying guys beyond their prime.

chrisD

Coach
Is that insider info you have or is there an article I can read up on?

I would pay Merrin 700k and wouldn't mind if we lose quality players elsewhere for it.

murraymob

Coach
considering penrith go to great lengths to not let out who they are negotiating with its strange this has made the paper.Sounds more like a manager trying to push the dragons into signing him for more than they want to pay

maple_69

Bench
Love that it mentions we were after Matulino.. If true, obviously we missed but great that the club had ambition now and recognisedthe need for a top quality prop. Hopefully that also means we are in Masoes ear.

mxlegend99

Referee
I'll take almost anyone to replace Kite. Kite has been Gus and Ivan's only big failure
Knights rejects have been our biggest failure, even before Gus signed. Naiqama, Ciraldo and Newton only stood in the way of us developing better and younger players due to the second tier salary cap. Even Kevin Naiqama was a dud buy despite being great for Knights before we got him.

Kite being signed after we had started building a good squad was ridiculous though. Definitely a waste of cap space and a top 17 spot. Give me anyone of Anderson, BMM, Manu, Smith, RCG etc ahead of him.

I would run with Latimore, Plum, Manu and Anderson to start the year. Then bring either BMM or RCG in for Plum. Phase him out Kingston style.

mxlegend99

Referee
It would be nice if our team was linked to Foran or DCE. While our front row needs fixing, a superstar half would be much better for us. Especially if we had them paired with Soward for a couple of seasons and then Moylan.

Munky

Coach
Kite is the ultimate professional though and we don't know what he brings to the team behind closed doors.

That said I doubt his off field influence on the squad makes up for his lacklustre performances on the pitch.

maple_69

Bench
Obviously they're not infallible but Gus made it abundantly clear that he was signing players not only for their ability but their attitude and character. How much any one like Kite or Manu contributed to that who could say but certainly the results are clear. Our juniors have been allowed to develop at their pace, and debut into a team with an excellent attitude and a winning culture.

I agree though, I hope Kite and even Manu are phased out when the time is right this season.

mxlegend99

Referee
I want to see what Manu can do at prop first. For ages we have heard it's his preferred position. Hopefully he gets a chance there.

He has been a disappointing signing for the most part, but he hasn't been horrible. Jyst not as good as we would have expected.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
It would be nice if our team was linked to Foran or DCE. While our front row needs fixing, a superstar half would be much better for us. Especially if we had them paired with Soward for a couple of seasons and then Moylan.

We are basically a Soward injury away from a poor season. We are very weak in the halves.

mikail-eagle

Bench
The Albert Brothers Stanton (left) and Wellington (right) flanking Israel Falou.
This pic probably gives a better and real indication of their size.

10408622_426423857507290_7320548445038682150_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts