What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomednow

Bench
ps. Lewis Brown starts in my side every week. I love the bloke.

Not that he doesn't deserve it but I just think his game is so well suited to the bench. I also think that one of Peachey or Carty should start on the bench round one at least. You don't want them both ground down by the early exchanges.

Yeah Brown was at his best last season when he'd come of the bench and just rip into it. Got nothing against him I just think he is most effective there.

Doomednow

Bench
Poor wording I reckon. I think they meant to say its an option or some people expect it. "Trent Merrin is expected to ink a 3 year deal with Penrith" might have been more accurate. Seems a bit weird for a website to report it as fact before it's officially announced, I mean why would Merrin wait to announce it?

GongPanther

Referee
Poor wording I reckon. I think they meant to say its an option or some people expect it. "Trent Merrin is expected to ink a 3 year deal with Penrith" might have been more accurate. Seems a bit weird for a website to report it as fact before it's officially announced, I mean why would Merrin wait to announce it?

A bit of negotiation to sort out.They have to iron out the trade in which player(s) are involved in the swap,and if there will be any monetary compo.

My bet is that they'll give it till Saturday night/Sunday morning to announce it.So by then,the full story will be in Sunday's Sydney Morning Herald.

That will leave the Daily Blab very irate.:lol:

Well,heres hoping we bag Merrin for this season.

It'll push us past the Cows for faves for 4th spot.Although I know we will get the minor premiership...I can taste it.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
If we get him, I highly doubt it would be for this season. His announcement that he wouldn't stay at Dragons pretty much confirmed that he would see out his contract. Unless they're trying to get rid of him, but if they are it's an odd choice to pick him in their WCC side.

Fingers crossed they want to get rid of him and we can send them Manu and/or Docker in return.

Blues Riff

Bench
I can take Merrin or leave him. The real news is Peachey and Blake have extended their contracts to the end of 2017.
:D:D:D

Randy81

Juniors
I can take Merrin or leave him. The real news is Peachey and Blake have extended their contracts to the end of 2017.

Beautifully said. Waqa will be an absolute star.
With peachey, cartwright and taylor in the backrow - wow thats an exciting long term pack.

Panther Pete

Juniors
The real news is Peachey and Blake have extended their contracts to the end of 2017.

That is great news. I seem to recall a sharks fan on here a while back trying to tell us Peachey wasn't happy at Penrith and wanted out, obviously wishful thinking on their part.

mxlegend99

Referee
Which team gave him the deadline? I would back that team to miss out.

Great to see Peachey and Blake re-signed. It's the two most important off contract players locked in :)

soc123_au

Staff member
Brown still provides impact from the bench as a backrower. Decent cover for a backline reshuffle in the event of injury as well.

mxlegend99

Referee
If (when) we miss out on Merrin, it will be another of our biggest targets knocking us back. It seems the guys we are willing to spend big on are the ones we can't get.

Although if he wants $600k+ under the cap we need to miss out on him. IMO missing out on Carney and Thurston for what we were offering was a good thing. Especially Carney since he threw his career away and brought his club down. Huge money like that tends to come at a cost elsewhere in the squad. If we landed Thurston then I doubr we get Idris, we probably lose more guys and have less space to retain DWZ, Jennings, Blake, Cartwright, Peachey etc.

$500K should be the absolute max for Merrin under the cap. Even that is probably bad value for money.

Doomednow

Bench
Idk the numbers getting thrown around for Foran and DCE make 600k seem much more reasonable. They are pretty damn crazy though. I think though that if most of our squad are currently on very reasonable wages paying overs for one player might create problems in player attitudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts