What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
The figures for those two are ridiculous. It's a huge chunk of the cap gone pretty quickly. Eels signing Foran for that sort of coin are taking a huge risk. Hayne was on less under the cap and IMO far more likely to help them win games.

If they can get Hayne back outside the salary cap then they have a premiership winning spine. But that loophole is their only chance IMO.

Unless he's not on near that sort of money under the cap and it's third-party deals bumping it up.

betcats

Referee
I would like for Brown to stay but I have a feeling he may end up the odd one out with the young guys we have being the bigger priorities.

mxlegend99

Referee
Just read an article on Merrin and both clubs have given him the deadline. Merrin was decided on Penrith until the All Stars camp where Wayne Bennett was trying to convince him to go North. Now Broncos have a serious bid on the table, they have Bennett and are closer to the beach for him.

Looks like we will miss out on him. When it comes down to us and another club, we seem to miss out by the smallest of margins. Although usually it's the club the player is with managing to keep them after we drive up their price. Which isn't really bad to see a player stay at their existing club for similar money. I would imagine most players would choose that option.

murraymob

Coach
Just read an article on Merrin and both clubs have given him the deadline. Merrin was decided on Penrith until the All Stars camp where Wayne Bennett was trying to convince him to go North. Now Broncos have a serious bid on the table, they have Bennett and are closer to the beach for him.

Looks like we will miss out on him. When it comes down to us and another club, we seem to miss out by the smallest of margins. Although usually it's the club the player is with managing to keep them after we drive up their price. Which isn't really bad to see a player stay at their existing club for similar money. I would imagine most players would choose that option.

for the money he is getting if he really doesnt strongly want to be at penrith then the boncos can have him.

mxlegend99

Referee
If the two offers are equal, I think Brisbane offers that bit extra in terms of his and his wifes livestyle. Plus he knows what Bennett offers as a coach and him not getting along with his current coach is a huge reason he is leaving.

Playing under Cleary could seem like a risk he isn't willing to take when there's an optionto play under a familiar coach. Just look at Boyd, he follows him everywhere. Money is irrelevant to him. Would knock back $800k to play under Bennett for $300k.

I won't take it as a knock to our club if he chooses Broncos. It seems like a better pick for him if you rule out money on offer and costs of moving.

Copperhead

Juniors
Not fussed one way or another. The more I think about it the cooler on the idea I get. He's an outstanding lock (which we don't need), but he's a small prop, which we really don't need either. Good footwork, a good offload, but I'd rather have Mose for a lot less cash.

maple_69

Bench
Depends what he wants. Does he want to play for a club that's close to a beach or play for a club set for a long premiership window. I wonder how much potential player swaps might come into it. I think the Docker+Manu package could really help the Dragons. I hope we get him, but if we don't we need to land Mose..

Brown could go. He'll be getting good offers which we won't be able to match probably. We could also have Idris to provide bench versatility, Api for dummy half and Chris Smith not far off in 2016.

maple_69

Bench
Sopoaga is the forgotten man in all this as well. Had a lot of promise and could be a cheap bench option alongside Yeo.

soc123_au

Staff member
Brown loves Cleary, he may stay for unders. Also I am pretty sure he & McKendry own the health food cafe at Emu Plains. It seems to do a pretty good trade.

GongPanther

Referee
The Mole and others have strong roumours on twitter that the Panthers are ready to announce the signing of Trent Merrin.

martielang

Bench
Not fussed one way or another. The more I think about it the cooler on the idea I get. He's an outstanding lock (which we don't need), but he's a small prop, which we really don't need either. Good footwork, a good offload, but I'd rather have Mose for a lot less cash.

Is he that small? Either way, hes a front rower who can break tackles, has great footwork and has a quality offload. Perfect for our side. Brilliant signing.

Stoked to have him (if it is confirmed).

mxlegend99

Referee
$750k per season? Massive overs IMO. Unless its not all under the cap. Wouldn't think he's worth more then $500k under the cap.

Might be like the Fifita deal Bulldogs offered where his salary under the cap was f**k all.

broncos2010

Juniors
750k a season, have fun paying way overs :lol::lol:

Also don't understand why you guys needed another 2nd rower when you have so many good at ones at your club already especially one on 750k a season :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts