What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renz

Juniors
Nah cost to much for not enough impact. Sopoaga is another one that can play Backrow or move to prop

I think you might have him confused with Arona, who filled in at prop for the Sharkies in various games. I can't see Sopo playing prop with his frame. Still, he is a good depth pick up for our 2nd row.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think you might have him confused with Arona, who filled in at prop for the Sharkies in various games. I can't see Sopo playing prop with his frame. Still, he is a good depth pick up for our 2nd row.

100kg and 185cm tall. Seems like a player that can play both to me. Either way he can do a job in depth for the backrow

Randy81

Juniors
With so many departures, is it just wishful thinking on my part that we may have a couple of quality additions to go?
Moseley to titans was pretty inevitable tbh with api coming.
cherro, vtk, capewell, humble, nabuli, naqaima x2, kingston, grant, simpkins, Robinson, Roberts. ...

I know alot are probably second tier, but its still alot

Karnivayne

Juniors
With so many departures, is it just wishful thinking on my part that we may have a couple of quality additions to go?
Moseley to titans was pretty inevitable tbh with api coming.
cherro, vtk, capewell, humble, nabuli, naqaima x2, kingston, grant, simpkins, Robinson, Roberts. ...

I know alot are probably second tier, but its still alot

Moylan, Mansour, Idris, Whare, DWZ, Soward, Wallace, Mckendry, Segeyaro, Kite, Peachey, Cartwright, Taylor, Brown, Docker, Plum, Latimore, Manu

Moss, R Jennings, G Jennings, Blake, Simmons, Will Smith, John, Scarlett, Davis, Koroisau, Chris Smith, Nathan Smith, Yeo, Sopoaga, Murdoch Masila, Attwood, Campbell-Gillard, Spence, Coates, Anderson, Latu, Ayoub,...

Thats 40 players in NRL and NSW Cup

We have 4 new players for NSW Cup in Coates, Davis, Sopoaga and Koroisau.
Koroisau might start in the NRL squad but not likely until round 10-12.

Most of our "recruits" will be players moving up from the 20s

The only position we are light in is Centre/Wing in NSW Cup. If Blake or G Jennings move up to NRL or there is an injury in either NRL or NSW Cup we will have to play players out of position.

Randy81

Juniors
The only position we are light in is Centre/Wing in itSW Cup. If Blake or G Jennings move up to NRL or there is an injury in either NRL or NSW Cup we will have to play players out of position.

Need another prop imo. Manu needs more mongrel (if the plan is to shift him), plum and kite ageing, whilst rcg, saunders are realitively untried so far.
depth was our key to success this year, cannot hurt to continue it :)

soc123_au

Staff member
The depth we had this year isn't sustainable. Some of the kids will be after upgrades if they reach expectations. Bryce & Moylan will be costing more this year too. Add to that I imagine we will be keen to resign Peachey.

Karnivayne

Juniors
Need another prop imo. Manu needs more mongrel (if the plan is to shift him), plum and kite ageing, whilst rcg, saunders are realitively untried so far.
depth was our key to success this year, cannot hurt to continue it :)

Whilst i agree, I really cant see us getting into the market for a couple of reasons, one being that there is no one available that is better than what we currently have and to get a player that is contracted we would have to pay overs which Gus and Ivan definitely arent going to do, especially for a forward.

BMM and Manu will probably train as forwards, Then we have Spence, Anderson, RCG, Saunders, Latu and Coates in NSW Cup. RCG will move up to NRL mid season, earlier if there are injuries.

Last edited:

Randy81

Juniors
The depth we had this year isn't sustainable. Some of the kids will be after upgrades if they reach expectations. Bryce & Moylan will be costing more this year too. Add to that I imagine we will be keen to resign Peachey.

Hence why I said a couple and not to the same extent.
I am actually very happy with our top tier, but can see the value in having another big bopper - something we lacked at times this year.

Randy81

Juniors
Whilst i agree, I really cant see us getting into the market for a couple of reasons, one being that there is no one available that is better than what we currently have and to get a player that is contracted we would have to pay overs which Gus and Ivan definitely arent going to do, especially for a forward.

BMM and Manu will probably train as forwards, Then we have Spence, Anderson, RCG, Saunders, Latu and Coates in NSW Cup. RCG will move up to NRL mid season, earlier if there are injuries.

Available doesnt mean much these days. Players often get released without clubs paying overs.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Moylan, Mansour, Idris, Whare, DWZ, Soward, Wallace, Mckendry, Segeyaro, Kite, Peachey, Cartwright, Taylor, Brown, Docker, Plum, Latimore, Manu

Not sure I see us taking the next step with this squad. Don't rate the forward pack in terms of go forward and power at all.

mxlegend99

Referee
If Kite is part of the front row rotation, we will basically be playing a man down. He was a great club player for Manly, but we got him after his expiry date. All he is good for is helping develop guys like RCG. We can let him do that without picking him.

Our chances of top 4 and winning the comp rest on.
11.Cartwright
12.Peach
13.Taylor
Playing the whole year in these positions. Bryce might miss the start but this needs to be our backrow.

maple_69

Bench
We can hardly judge on last year though. Peach and Cartwright were only just starting to look like the class acts they are when they went down. Who knows what he's thinking.

I agree though. Our prop rotation is not dire but it's not great. If they can be solid and we have Peach, Carty, Taylor, Brown, Seg and even Api playing at a million miles an hour, potentially we don't need a huge steamroller pack.

franklin2323

Immortal
We can hardly judge on last year though. Peach and Cartwright were only just starting to look like the class acts they are when they went down. Who knows what he's thinking.

I agree though. Our prop rotation is not dire but it's not great. If they can be solid and we have Peach, Carty, Taylor, Brown, Seg and even Api playing at a million miles an hour, potentially we don't need a huge steamroller pack.

That's my thinking.

Cartwright
PEachey
Taylor

Api
Brown
Hopefully Idris

Potentially gives us the most potent backrow in the comp. I would play Manu, Sopoaga and BMM as props. them with Latimore, McKendry, Plum, Kite, Anderson. Have played NRL. RCG & Coates have had a few years of NSW Cup behind them. Throw in Smith and Saunders we are fine for props

martielang

Bench
Who is Coates?

I really rate Latu, he was injured the majority of last year but if he stays injury free, I have no doubt he'll be in the mix and should get a few games in 1st's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts