What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

murraymob

Coach
soward needs a half partner that gets his hands dirty .The two will work well together it would not have worked with thurston

soc123_au

Staff member
If true then I am happy enough to see what Ivan can do with him. He could be the perfect foil for Soward.

Munky

Coach
Hopefully it is not big dollars.

With a solid off season with Soward they could build a good combination.

Sorry, but I dont see a soward/wallace combo bringing anything more than mediocrity.

I get that he's a good defender and thats good next to soward, but thats putting too many eggs in the soward basket for our attack.

Would've preferred to see a youngster next to soward.

mxlegend99

Referee
Wallace and Soward is easily the best halves combination we have had since Gower and Presto. A couple of true competitors who have big game experience. Throw them behing a strong forward pack with good centres and we are looking sweet for next season.

Coote and John will keep them honest. But both players are without doubt better than ANY of our halves this year. At no point in any of our current halves careers were they ever Origin standard.

Wallace and Soward is easily the best halves combination we have had since Gower and Presto. A couple of true competitors who have big game experience. Throw them behing a strong forward pack with good centres and we are looking sweet for next season.

Coote and John will keep them honest. But both players are without doubt better than ANY of our halves this year. At no point in any of our current halves careers were they ever Origin standard.

At no point in soward or Wallace's career were they ever origin standard either. (In particular wallace )

Sorry, but a half who's best attribute is defence is not someone i want in my team.

It's great when a half can defend, but that needs to come with something else.

Soward needs a ball player next to him first and foremost.

Our attack from our halves is now limited to sowards kicking game.

franklin2323

Immortal
wallace can not be judged on last night he is not a dummy half .He is the type of player soward needs and i think its a good signing as long as its not big bucks

Even though it means we don't get Bryce or Moss in the top 25?

That's my issue we have halves for depth in Humble, Capewell, Coote & John to push for 6. Now another means 6 halves in 25.

Big Mick

Referee
Capewell wont be in the 25 and Humble may be let go and who knows what is going on with Coote.

While I don't rate him, I want to see Wallace on the field for US first before I pass judgement on his play for US.

From my understanding Nathan Smith may also be re-signing, but not on a big deal at all. I can live with that for depth I guess.

End of the day we have 7 guys leaving who were IN our 25.

Cartwright's contract extension puts him in the 25. Moss may not be but tbh with Moylan there and Naiqama as back up there probably isn't a reason for him to be in the 25.

typicalfan

Coach
I think Wallace needs a new challenge, he was definitely becoming stale and a change of environment should suit him especially coming from the most conservative side in the competition. I think getting an experienced halves combo really takes the pressure off.

no no no no no this will rule out johnson now. what bad news after a great game last night

Johnson was never coming, he won't be leaving the warriors. Gould was telling the truth.

I have to say this is a curious signing - panthers now have the two most criticised halves of 2013 (outside of Roberts) signed up for 2014 to long term deals. Panthers have a few years of pain left

franklin2323

Immortal
Big Mick, Assuming you are right about Capewell. We still have a set 25 man squad. I am sure Anderson was upgraded also.

Moylan.
Mansour.
Roberts.
Whare.
Simmons.
Coote.
Soward.
Kite.
Kingston.
McKendry.
Brown.
Manu.
Taylor.
Segeyaro.
Grant.
Plum.
Robinson.
Naiqama.
Naiqama.
Tighe.
Humble.
Wallace.
Latimore.
Docker.
Peachey.

Who won't be in the 25 squad from above? We need another prop & centre from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.