What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomoz

Bench
Naiqama or Roberts will be left centre, whoever isnt left centre will be fullback.
Did you hear Gus during the u20's GF saying that "Roberts still has plenty to work on and has no passing game to speak of". There is no way that you would put him at fullback with his passing skills.

ballbag

Juniors
You blokes have signed a kid called Jordan Stratton for 2yrs to join NYC squad next year. He is a front/secondrower. He is from Cessnock and played for the Newcastle rebels and NSW Country U18's this year

ammatt

Juniors
Did you hear Gus during the u20's GF saying that "Roberts still has plenty to work on and has no passing game to speak of". There is no way that you would put him at fullback with his passing skills.
I thought Gus was talking about George Jennings

ACTPanthers

Bench
Moylan's future is in the halves for sure.

His soft hands have 5/8 written all over them.

If Wallace is rubbish as expected, I'd rush moylan into that spot.

With Soward and Wallace on fairly long contracts (4 and 3 years respectively) I can't see anyone else getting a run in the halves in this time - IMHO I can't see us winning a premiership with a Soward/Wallace halves combo - I'm not saying that there were better options, we got what we could once JT and Carney were off the radar - But in saying that, there are reasons these guys werent wanted by their former clubs (Both of which were struggling this season)

maple_69

Bench
Worth remembering Soward and Wallace have both been playing under pretty average coaches for the last few years as well as playing in pretty average teams. We have one of the better coaches going around and we also will have one of the better sides going around next year. Hopefully that means we see the type of performances that propelled these guys to origin (whether you agree with those selections or not they were good halves at the time).

Doomednow

Bench
If Pearce can win a minor premiership I think that proves you don't need the best halves in the league. Wallace fills a role, and if he's terrible I think he'll do time at Windsor.

I'm just excited to see how two totally new halves changes team dynamics. At the very least we should see something new.

Pomoz

Bench
I thought Gus was talking about George Jennings
Yes, he also mentioned George and his passing game. He was trying to be balanced and not build up too much hype about them. He is trying to keep them grounded. Mind you, he'll need divers boots for Roberts to keep him grounded, he is lightning in a bottle!

Kilkenny

Coach
Yes, he also mentioned George and his passing game. He was trying to be balanced and not build up too much hype about them. He is trying to keep them grounded. Mind you, he'll need divers boots for Roberts to keep him grounded, he is lightning in a bottle!

Phil Gould believes Roberts has the potential to play state or origin just need to put the finishing touches on him.

The recruited halves combination is all about getting the side around the paddock and a quality kicking game. Peter Wallace is not a running half in the Shaun Johnson mould but he was not signed to do that job and doesn't need to be. I am not a Peter Wallace fan but I can see why we have signed him and I can see what Cleary/Gould are looking to get from him.

PantherPete

Juniors
I think Cleary signed Wallace (which I personally think is a good one) because he didn't want to have no PLAN B in relation to signing Shaun Johnson for 2015 and beyond. There are big question marks as to whether Gould can tempt him away from the Warriors and after the whole JT fiasco...he didn't want to be caught out again.

Welcome to the boards Pete.

I hear what you're saying, but surely there are other plan b's out there?

Personally I would have gone with a younger plan B. Someone who had just a little bit of an attacking game.

maple_69

Bench
Keary and Williams were the best young options really. While I still think Williams can become a good NRL half, he was in abysmal form this year in reserves. Keary, who knows, I would of loved that signingbut not to be. I'm fine with Wallace, just wish it was max 2 years.

Panther Pete

Juniors
The Tele today reported Matt Elliott told Kevin Locke he was free to look for another club next year. Apparently he contacted Ivan Cleary who offered him 1 year but when Elliott found out, he refused to release Locke to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts