What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Idris with the right attitude would be a massive signing. He is unstoppable when he wants to be.

And if he was looking for a club, I reckon Penrith would have to contribute as I doubt any club would be willing to pay his previous value due to his history.

But does he want to be a footy player?

I wonder if Peter Hiki could potentially be the mystery centre ? There are rumours of hoppa returning to manly - so if it did occur they would have to manly top 17 backs. And as we know Arthur has a good relationship with manly players.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I find your love for Morgan's defence as confusing as Bigfella's hate.
Time and again he shoots and doesn't wrap up the ball. For a centre, that equals try time

There's a reason Morgan has played so much first grade and it's not his attack. In fact he defended inside Hopoate this year, despite being named on the wing.

I never said Morgan is a good defender either, I said he is a good enough defender. In a world where there are countless outside backs not good enough in defence, there is a place for Morgan in the NRL.

Chipmunk

Coach
I doubt any club would be willing to pay full freight for idris based on his history. And I reckon their is fair chance Penrith would be happy to see him leave and contribute.

Surely Gold Coast have been paying some of Idris' contract for this and last year. I dare say he provided value for Penrith then, now that they're paying him his full freight, he is no longer value.

bartman

Immortal
I don't hink Idris provides much value other than if signed on a minimum NRL/second tier contract.

Would much rather have Peta Hiku than Idris, if Hoppa's mooted return to Manly forces someone from the outside backs over there. On form/value, I'd rather have Hiku than Hoppa as well.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah I rate Hiku highly. Funnily enough, he seems to be a favourite scapegoat of Manly fans. Like Idris he's not a good defender, but he's a quality attacking player (like Idris). He doesn't have Idris' baggage, plus he has utility value, playing anywhere from 1-5. And he isn't even 23 yet.

Avenger

Immortal
All this love that Pou has for Morgan is much like the love he had for Seph Paulo. Both are and will stay mediocre at best.

greena

Juniors
Does Penrith have any decent outside backs in their nyc side.

If they do there wouldn't be much opportunity at Penrith given the number of good young backs already on their books..

Worth a shot signing a centre and/or winger from from sides like Penrith.

84 Baby

Referee
There's a reason Morgan has played so much first grade and it's not his attack. In fact he defended inside Hopoate this year, despite being named on the wing.

I never said Morgan is a good defender either, I said he is a good enough defender. In a world where there are countless outside backs not good enough in defence, there is a place for Morgan in the NRL.

I think the only reason he's played 1st grade at all is his acceleration and probably attitude. Coincidentally Idris' major flaws.

Every other part of his game needs major work to be of 1st grade standard and I don't agree that his defence is good enough, let alone better than all the other players named, especially when added to their other ability levels.

I'm not a hater like others and I see Morgan's role at the club and assuming the club has it's shit together is paid respective to that role. My concern is if he goes in as a starting centre for the club then that is a glaring weakness that without a doubt oppositions are just going to target week in week out

The Engineers Room

First Grade
There is probably a list of centres that we would want the problem is they have to be off contract or not wanted by their current club. There is a reason players are not wanted...

On Idris, he is another dumb footy player and lazy. We have too many of those at the moment we don't need another one.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Could the other Penrith centre be up for grabs? With all of the young outside backs would the panthers be okay with letting Dean Whare go? Don't think they will but with all good centres snapped up then he's about the same chance as the others are atm.

Rhyno

First Grade
Koroibete should be our main target next year

2. Radradra
5. Koroibete

Would be the best wing combination In the nrl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts