What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
As long as any benefits paid are directed to players after they have a contract with the Eels, there should be no problem under the current rules (as I said when this was initially discussed).

If the money is used to induce a player to sign or re-sign, then that is not allowed.

Yeah, your probably right, but this will surely just open up more supporters groups at the clubs that have plenty of TPA's already. The supporters groups will pay the current players, where as the other TPA's can be invested into attracting new players.

Yeah, your probably right, but this will surely just open up more supporters groups at the clubs that have plenty of TPA's already. The supporters groups will pay the current players, where as the other TPA's can be invested into attracting new players.

The complication will come if it is revealed that club sponsors or parties related to them are making donations to that fund (I'm not suggesting that they are). It will be incumbent upon the blokes organising the fund to make sure that doesn't happen. Coz if it does I suspect the plug will be pulled pretty quickly. If that was allowed to stand, it would be a simple channel to avoid the condition that exempt TPAs must not come from club sponsors.

Gronk

Staff member
Tonga train-on squad

The squad is as follows: Antonio Kaufusi, Danny Fualalo (Bulldogs), Leva Li (Titans), Jorge Taufua, Siosaia Vave, Tony Satini (Sea Eagles), Peni Terepo, Vai Toutai, John Folau (Eels), Leilani Latu, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Sika Manu, Daniel Foster, Malakai Watene-Zelezniak (Panthers), Anthony Tupou, David Fifita, Saulala Houma, Malakai Houma, Pat Politoni (Sharks), Michael Oldfield (Rabbitohs), Vaha Pulu, Willie Manu (Roosters), Albert Vete, Sione Lousi, John Palavi, Sebastine Ikahihifo, Siliva Havili, David Fusitu’a (Warriors), Sitaleki Akauola, Asipeli Fine, Joel Luani, Salesi Funaki, Delouise Hoeter (Wests Tigers), Ukuma Ta’ai (Huddersfield), Fui Fui Moi Moi (Leigh), Atelea Vea (St Helens), Mickey Paea (Hull FC), Nafe Seluini (Burleigh) and Charlie Faingaa (Redcliffe).

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/tonga-squad-announced/

Gronk

Staff member
Cook Islands Squad to play Tonga

Francis Molo (Brisbane Broncos)
Makahesi Makatoa (Bulldogs)
Jordan Rapana (Canberra Raiders)
Ezra Howe Junior (Canberra Raiders)
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad (Melbourne Storm)
Aaron Teroi (Melbourne Storm)
Eric Newbigging (Parramatta Eels)
Tupou Sopoaga (Penrith Panthers)
Tinirau Arona (Sharks)
Wallace Tangiiti (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Reuben Porter (Sydney Roosters)
Chance Peni (Wests Tigers)
Esan Marsters (Wests Tigers)
Anthony Gelling (Wigan)
Adam Tangata (Halifax)
Fred Pakutoa (Wentworthville Magpies)
Drury Low (Narellan)
John Papalii (West Belconnen)

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/cook-islands-announce-train-on-squad/

Assume Tepai Moeroa not available because of PM XIII

Parra47

Juniors
Souths strongly rumoured to be signing Oldfield - 2, and Hawkins - 2,3. Both fast and some nice skills. While not world beaters both these players would be good additions to our backline which is our weakness at this stage. Lets hope the quality surprise mystery centre we are signing turns out to be true.

butch82

Juniors
Souths strongly rumoured to be signing Oldfield - 2, and Hawkins - 2,3. Both fast and some nice skills. While not world beaters both these players would be good additions to our backline which is our weakness at this stage. Lets hope the quality surprise mystery centre we are signing turns out to be true.

maybe its Konrad Hurell ? is on the nose at the warriors and theres talk of a possible move to union.

Parra47

Juniors
I'd like Copley from the Broncos. Had a very good year last year. Has struggled with injury this year and is under contract but maybe he does not fit into Bennett's plans for 2016?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
i reckon it will be fkn idris .... which will make me go :| :? :(

a strike centre ?

would make me go blah

I hate it when people build things up and then when you see what its all about you get deflated

The Engineers Room

First Grade
We've seen the press releases when NRL players sign in the ESL. They build them up so much. They are all rep players and stars.

I would like to see us sign a quality centre but it depends on who it is.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
Idris is definately a strike centre, I can only recall a few short stints were he wasn't impacting games he was playing. He has two faults IMO, he is impressionable, leading to the bad press he has received when out injured and not in the system and perhaps defensive agility although I have seen some amazing defensive efforts from him.

Inu is almost (at least character wise) the exact same win/lose candidate.

I would have both without any convincing.

This year when we have one out of turn, we have played tough and used our size, I expect more of the same in 2016 and both these guys I think would only add to that aggression. I also would have both adding to our attack too.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
INU and Idris??? Gee Tommy you are easily pleased.

Both talented but inconsistent with shit attitudes, massive no from me for both.

Chipmunk

Coach
INU and Idris??? Gee Tommy you are easily pleased.

Both talented but inconsistent with shit attitudes, massive no from me for both.

Who's a player that you would like, who is at least a realistic chance of leaving his current club?

Noise

Coach
I'd be happy with any of the following (in no particular order):
Idris, lafai, inu, Munster, Hurrell
And let's face it they all shit all over Morgan, improving our team.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
I think Rhyno said Inu the other day. They are comparable.

RE: low standards etc, like Chipmunk is alluding to above, neither are top 10 candidates. But availability, value, risk/reward all weigh into my opinion.

I think the whole cancer, as you stated last week, is a bit overstated, so too being lazy. In fact why cancer, who has he led astray?

Yes he has tits, but so did Piggy riddel and Pauli, prolly Jnr and another 50 NRL forwards.

My memory of Idris is being pretty enthusiastic/emotive. He hits hard, plays edge forward (which indicates higher than a usual 3/4 work rate) and is a threat one on one.

He could be anything when not injured? Certainly, at a low wage (subsidised), an excellent chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts