What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutherson still 12 mths from being a regular first grader after a season out injuried, if Hoppa is gone we need a more seasoned centre to replace him. Someone like Lafai from the dogs you know someone tough and rough who can break a tackle and make some good defensive reads.

Gronk

Staff member
Gutherson was selected at FB for the NSW U20's in 2014. He's in good company.

NSW Under-20s: Clinton Gutherson (Sea Eagles), Jake Mamo (Knights), Sione Mata'utia (Knights), Isaah Yeo (Panthers), Alex Johnston (Rabbitohs), Mitchell Moses (Wests Tigers), Luke Brooks (Wests Tigers), Matt Lodge (Storm), Kaysa Pritchard (Eels), Jake Trbojevic (Sea Eagles), Jakiel Mariner (Roosters), Adam Elliott (Bulldogs), Jack Bird (Dragons). Interchange: Pauli Pauli (Eels), Dean Britt (Storm), Rhys Kennedy (Storm), Euan Aitken (Dragons).

oldmancraigy

Coach
Amazing news re Gutherson.

He is really very talented.
Can play fullback (bigfella, this is your young talented fullback. Get excited).

Worst thing about him was his hairstyle....

oldmancraigy

Coach
Gutherson still 12 mths from being a regular first grader after a season out injuried, if Hoppa is gone we need a more seasoned centre to replace him. Someone like Lafai from the dogs you know someone tough and rough who can break a tackle and make some good defensive reads.

Rubbish re Gutherson.
Was pegged as a starter for Manly this season wasn't he? I know they did poorly, but he emerged as a legit first grader back in 2014. Broken foot after 3 games stalled him.
2015 should have seen his emergence as a major talent. Injury rd 1 cruelled his season.

Tom Trbo makes Gutherson somewhat expensive to keep as a backup, we can offer him a chance to start on the wing in rd1, and hopefully he can be groomed as pur future FB (like Gordon/Holmes this year for Cronulla).

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Can't see the problem with the signing, only worry is injury but you can't prevent bad luck. He was good enough to be a starter in Manly's backline in round 1. Can play play anywhere in the back line and can kick goals. Wouldn't have cost the farm and has shown first grade potential.

caylo

Bench
And unlike French, this kid has the frame to be genuinely big.
I
I agree but i think he lacks real pace. From what I've seen i think he will be more of a centre then a winger/fullback. He probably will will have the same issue as Hoppa, good hands but poor support player and not real quick so will look average as an NRL fullback but good enough for u20s. He still would be safer than our 2015 options as fullback but won't supersed Gordon any time soon.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I
I agree but i think he lacks real pace. From what I've seen i think he will be more of a centre then a winger/fullback. He probably will will have the same issue as Hoppa, good hands but poor support player and not real quick so will look average as an NRL fullback but good enough for u20s. He still would be safer than our 2015 options as fullback but won't supersed Gordon any time soon.

Yeah nah, Gutherson's pretty quick.

Noise

Coach
Do we think we are looking at Gutherson as a centre or wing option next year? To me he seems more of a fullback/winger. Centre is where he is needed.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Do we think we are looking at Gutherson as a centre or wing option next year? To me he seems more of a fullback/winger. Centre is where he is needed.
Gordon can play centre or on the wing, good to have some back line depth that is capable of playing first grade at a decent level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts