What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The thing that doesn't make any sense to me is: why on earth would they want Hopoate back?

A current Origin player in his early 20s? Who now knows his market worth? And who will probably take a pay cut in exchange for a coaching job for his old man?

Yeah no sense at all.

t-ba

Post Whore
Gutho is excellent and hopefully his injuries haven't slown him down.

Pretty cut about this but I guess he is a fullback and there's no way he's getting ahead of Stewart and Turbo now and deserves a chance at regular NRL in his natural position.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I thought I remembered someone saying he was a possibility. It made sense at the time.

As for Gutherson, here are highlights of the games he's played:

2013 round 26 (jersey 19, on the left wing)

2014 round 17 (jersey 23, left wing)

2014 round 18 (jersey 19, left wing)

2014 round 26 (jersey 23, fullback)

2015 round 4 (jersey 4, left centre)

So he's scored a try in every first grade game except this year where he only played 13 minutes. Anyway he certainly used to have speed. His age and modern sports science should mean he's recovered well. I'm sure Hineyrulz and Bigfella hope so anyway.
No i hope he comes back and struggles you deadshit :lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We know he's not a star. But if he's played Origin he's at least a quality first grader. That would explain why Manly want him back.
Condsidering that are letting go of Gutherson why would they pay way more for Hoppa??? Is he better than any of their other backline player??? I'd take any of them over him for next year.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I thought I remembered someone saying he was a possibility. It made sense at the time.

As for Gutherson, here are highlights of the games he's played:

2013 round 26 (jersey 19, on the left wing)

2014 round 17 (jersey 23, left wing)

2014 round 18 (jersey 19, left wing)

2014 round 26 (jersey 23, fullback)

2015 round 4 (jersey 4, left centre)

So he's scored a try in every first grade game except this year where he only played 13 minutes. Anyway he certainly used to have speed. His age and modern sports science should mean he's recovered well. I'm sure Hineyrulz and Bigfella hope so anyway.

Pou, you are being really slack again, this is the game to watch you merkin...
f**k me, when will this merkin ever learn. :crazy::crazy:

[youtube]2rZm5PpyPlM[/youtube]

hindy111

Post Whore
Good effort for penriths under 20's to make the GF again. That is twice in 3 years now with a complete different squad. I hope we can turn our young side around. They are seeing the fruits of there last under 20's side so id expect them to have a few more coming thru. Manly making it too-Perhaps they have a couple of guys coming thru -Reason they let Gutherson go who seems to be injury prone.
ACL means he may not be the same. Rnd one ? He will start the year behind Morgan and Taka and Gordon IMO. May jag a wing spot thou.

The Colonel

Immortal
Hopoate is a quality player. I think he has regressed after his two seasons away from the NRL and we really need someone who is ready for the rigours. I think he has spent much of his past two seasons injured and I think Manly will see the best of him as opposed to what we have seen. He is quality, I just think he has to have played to justify the salary he was signed to under Kearney.

That said, Gutherson, if signed will be a better player for us. He can fill a number of roles at fullback, wing and centre. We still need some depth in our backline which I hope the likes of Davis and some under 20's players can provide.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hopoate is a quality player. I think he has regressed after his two seasons away from the NRL and we really need someone who is ready for the rigours. I think he has spent much of his past two seasons injured and I think Manly will see the best of him as opposed to what we have seen. He is quality, I just think he has to have played to justify the salary he was signed to under Kearney.

That said, Gutherson, if signed will be a better player for us. He can fill a number of roles at fullback, wing and centre. We still need some depth in our backline which I hope the likes of Davis and some under 20's players can provide.

Hoppa has the quality but lacks the speed or power to be devastating. Not a pure athlete by any means.
People have already ridden falou off who actually did well in a few games.

Morgan is still an ok player. Rarely misses tackles and finishes ok.Sure he isnt a superstar but how much extra does a guy like Hoppa give as far as effecting the result of the game? Not a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts