What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Plenty of people hated Sandow (and still do). Those who didn't want us to sign Sandow were no different to the ones who wouldn't want their club to sign a young Ennis, Mason or Blake Ferguson.

Nobody could know that Sandow would show zero improvement under three different coaches over four years. Not you or any other nuffy. I suppose you predicted the decline of Tim Smith as well.

No, I thought Smith would turn out a lot better than he did.

I never hated Sandow, I just never rated him.

Gronk

Staff member
Clinton Gutherson ‏@ClintGutherson 1h1 hour ago
Thanks everyone for the messages.I've had many great years playing for the Eagles but now it's time to move on.Excited for the next chapter!

Gazzamatta

Coach
SO WHATS THE NEXT CHAPTER merkin?!?!

Its all very hush, hush I guess. Maybe something to do with the Clubs statement (?) that to continue with "Sewards Gift" towards Hoppa would have placed the Club OVER next seasons salary cap. Funny how we have signed Cornish, King and O'Brien and been linked to Grant, Tanginoa, Earl and Gutherson since that statement.
For mine the only reason could be Hoppa is not wanted at any price and the Salary Cap issue is no more relevant that getting Hoppa out of our club. Cant say I disagree based on his form in blue and gold thus far.
Whilst discussing new recruits I believe its as important to rid the club of high priced (or for that matter any priced) non performers. Sandow, Hoppa and Darcy certainly qualify there.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
For players signing for 2016 it's long passed. For players signing for 2017 they've got until round 13 or June 30 or whatever to change their mind.

emjaycee

Coach
If Manly only released Gutherson today, i would think that we haven't placed a contract in front of him as yet.

There is a process to be followed afterall.

strider

Post Whore
If Manly only released Gutherson today, i would think that we haven't placed a contract in front of him as yet.

I'd hope for gutherson's sake his manager organises things better than that .... you wouldn't give up one contract without the next set in stone

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

As a young player that hasn't been playing up he would have found a club to go to before he got a release. You wouldn't get a release without having somewhere to go.

They may have earlier given him permission to negotiate with other clubs. So while he wouldn't have signed the final contract, he may have signed a letter of intent etc.

emjaycee

Coach
They may have earlier given him permission to negotiate with other clubs. So while he wouldn't have signed the final contract, he may have signed a letter of intent etc.

No doubt he has been talking to us just meant that we shouldn't expect an announcement for a day or so.

hindy111

Post Whore
At the time Sandow was 22 and we where desperate.When he signed i and all my parramatta fans where over the moon. Sadly he turned to crap. The game chages all the time and i still think in the last 5 yrs it has evolved to a point where a guy like Robson is more suited to the NRL then Sandow. Go back 5 yrs i reckon everyone choses Sandow over Robson. WHo is the better footballer thou?

oldmancraigy

Coach
He wasn't even here two seasons. He was here just long enough to be a scapegoat. Signing Sandow turned out to be the death of him.

Also recruiting a bunch of reserve graders on premium money, playing Billy Rogers in first grade (!), not being able to manage the team, not being able to recruit talent, not being able to identify talent - etc.

By your own logic hiring him was a mistake because he hasn't had a head coaching job of a FG side since (and won't ever again). Langmack and Kearney, 2 of the bright coaching sparks of the last few decades :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts