What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmancraigy

Coach
At the time Sandow was 22 and we where desperate.When he signed i and all my parramatta fans where over the moon. Sadly he turned to crap. The game chages all the time and i still think in the last 5 yrs it has evolved to a point where a guy like Robson is more suited to the NRL then Sandow. Go back 5 yrs i reckon everyone choses Sandow over Robson. WHo is the better footballer thou?

I'm VERY guilty of buying the Sandow hype.
I thought he would be the missing piece for us that following year - a half who could produce inside the 20m line.
Waaay off base!

Parra47

Juniors
I was not a fan of the sandow signing. He was not the half we needed and for the money he was reportedly on it was a poor decision.
I was however happy with lussick and thought he'd be good for us. I got that one very wrong.

Chipmunk

Coach
Perhaps all these players we have supposedly signed recently but are yet to announce have been signed up using the "Hopoate Contract Method", whereby we just sign up a load of players and then come the end of October we will decide which ones we will honour and which ones we will throw in the bin.

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
They may have earlier given him permission to negotiate with other clubs. So while he wouldn't have signed the final contract, he may have signed a letter of intent etc.

As we have seen at Parra recently, some letter of intent with Parra probably isn't worth the paper it's written on...

yy_cheng

Coach
Also recruiting a bunch of reserve graders on premium money, playing Billy Rogers in first grade (!), not being able to manage the team, not being able to recruit talent, not being able to identify talent - etc.

By your own logic hiring him was a mistake because he hasn't had a head coaching job of a FG side since (and won't ever again). Langmack and Kearney, 2 of the bright coaching sparks of the last few decades :lol:

What about his love affair with lasalo

Gronk

Staff member
Choc says on instagram ...

awatmough

We are over the moon to let you all know that after 5 weeks of testing we just received the news that our baby girl has beaten the odds and is healthy and does not have Trisomy 18. We have a rare condition called "Confined Placental Mosaicism" where the T18 cells are confined to the placenta but are not present in the baby. We will just need regular ultrasounds to make sure she is growing properly, but we are so thrilled to be out of the woods. The last 5 weeks have been overwhelming, scary and frustrating but we could not have done it without everyone's love and support. We honestly appreciate it more than you could know. We can't wait for you to meet our bub in March 2016.

Utey

Coach
What have we done to address the lower grade coaching issue?

Assume people are referring to the appointment of Joe Grima but has something else happened?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What have we done to address the lower grade coaching issue?

Assume people are referring to the appointment of Joe Grima but has something else happened?

from the rumours

Grima - Wenty
Burty - TYC
Caylo is in there some where too.

emjaycee

Coach
That's unbelievable. The stats I read last time were so heavily against them.

Awesome news.

I spoke with Choc about this last week at the KTM - at that stage they were waiting for more tests/results but he was confident things had turned around. This is fantastic news for him and his wife.

emjaycee

Coach
Someone i know saw Foran at the club today picking up his training gear. Good to see he is now an owner of Blue and Gold after all the dramas getting him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts