What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don't understand how Sharks players only got suspended for a few games yet Sandor has been given lot longer

Gronk

Staff member
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have today finalised the release of Clinton Gutherson.
The full-back/winger was contracted for the 2016 and 2017 seasons with the Sea Eagles.
The Club recently extended the contracts of some of our experienced players and further enhanced our depth through the recruitment of players who can cover several positions. Accordingly it became clear that Clinton would no longer receive the opportunity to further develop through consistent selection at NRL level with the Sea Eagles.
Whilst the Club is reluctant to let Clinton go, we recognise the importance of his development at this stage of his career and wish to provide him every opportunity to succeed at another club.
The Sea Eagles wish Clinton all the best for his future in the game.
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/09/28/club_finalises_relea.html

Parra47

Juniors
If we get Gutherson then I'm happy with our recruitment for next year. If we also get tanginoa, grant and Earl, we should have a very good nrl team and quality depth. Things will be looking positive for a top 8 finish.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Coz of this:

But it is Weidler, and a guess...

Double switch
We are hearing that the Eels are close to signing Manly centre/fullback Clint Gutherson. He missed this season with a knee injury ? but he has made a complete recovery. And now it's worth asking the question if Gutherson's exit will open the way for Will Hopoate to end up back at Manly.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...y-incident-20150926-gjvl2p.html#ixzz3mqaAgL2l
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

So Earl is looked down on for telling for the truth??

Didn't say I agreed with the difference in treatment.....but b/c he admitted to it, there's no evidenciary problem. Just explaining the difference between his situation and that of the Sharks players. The Sharks admitted to a more limited offence.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Didn't say I agreed with the difference in treatment.....but b/c he admitted to it, there's no evidenciary problem. Just explaining the difference between his situation and that of the Sharks players. The Sharks admitted to a more limited offence.

I was just being facetious Baz - hence 2 question marks instead of the standard one :sarcasm:

Gazzamatta

Coach
Every dogs body on here has been critical of our teams speed in 2015 and saw this as an area in dire need of improving. Recent speculation has us addressing this issue. Is BA clued up or is he just reading these posts? Lol.
Good on ya BA and whoever. Was Gutherson offered or chased? Sounds like our recruitment team isnt so bad after all. Another area of concern was the lower grades coaching. Another positive move announced recently. Supporters often critisise and negatively coment as they believe the obvious is not being addressed. Just proving years of damage cant be undone in one or two seasons. Thankfully patience and stability seems to be slowly turning the ship.
Bring on 2016.

Parra47

Juniors
Every dogs body on here has been critical of our teams speed in 2015 and saw this as an area in dire need of improving. Recent speculation has us addressing this issue. Is BA clued up or is he just reading these posts? Lol.
Good on ya BA and whoever. Was Gutherson offered or chased? Sounds like our recruitment team isnt so bad after all. Another area of concern was the lower grades coaching. Another positive move announced recently. Supporters often critisise and negatively coment as they believe the obvious is not being addressed. Just proving years of damage cant be undone in one or two seasons. Thankfully patience and stability seems to be slowly turning the ship.
Bring on 2016.
Great to see after years of terrible decisions at our club we finally look to have the people in place to move our club forward and make us competitive again.

2016 is looking promising.....as long as the pre-season ends up being the 'best ever'....

Nah, we've got this one sorted too. New media consultant has scripted the offseason interview:

Journo: So Brad, how has the off-season been progressing?

BA: Can't say that I give a shit, mate. And from what I can tell, most of the players could be f**ked either. Mannah has taken to playing the pokies 20 hours a day, Super Morgs is trying out for My Kitchen Rules, and most of our players of Polynesian descent have given the Kava an absolute hammering. I'll call the first training session for February 10, but that'll be optional. We're going to switch to a 3 fullback formation next year, which we won't practice till Round 1. Apart from that, it's ok.

Kornstar

Coach
2016 is looking promising.....as long as the pre-season ends up being the 'best ever'....

I'd be confident if they started trotting out "well the pre season was a little, er, underwhelming and not much to be positive about"

I hate the "best pre season ever" talk. It's up there with "we are doing it for the fans" or "we trained really hard this week and you'll see something different". It never works out for us!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Nah, we've got this one sorted too. New media consultant has scripted the offseason interview:

Journo: So Brad, how has the off-season been progressing?

BA: Can't say that I give a shit, mate. And from what I can tell, most of the players could be f**ked either. Mannah has taken to playing the pokies 20 hours a day, Super Morgs is trying out for My Kitchen Rules, and most of our players of Polynesian descent have given the Kava an absolute hammering. I'll call the first training session for February 10, but that'll be optional. We're going to switch to a 3 fullback formation next year, which we won't practice till Round 1. Apart from that, it's ok.

So Chris Anderson is back as coaching consultant then :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.