What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to evaluate the stat by knowing the same for all other teams

Yeh, well that's sort of what I'm saying....but even that only makes sense if comparing to teams in the middle of the ladder. Coz those that win, say 18/24 games have, by definition been in front at some time in the 2nd half 18 times.

emjaycee

Coach
I'm just trying to work out how unusual the statistic really is.

We won 9 games, so there's 9 from 24. So there's 11 games to account for (i.e. the ones in which we we either led at half time or at some point in the 2nd half), out of 15. It's pretty hard to evaluate because of the 'or at some point in the 2nd half' clause. I'd be interested to know what proportion of half-time leads we blew.

Of the 15 games we lost we were in front at half time in 6 of those or 40% we threw away.
Apart from the Cowboys at home in round 13 and the Roosters in round 23, each of our half time leads were 4 points or less.

2 of the 15 losses we were tied at half-time.

Of the 9 games we won, we were behind at half time in 5 so we converted 55% into wins.

Losing at half time - 12/24 games
Tied at half time - 2/24 games
Leading at half time - 10/24

Of the 15 games we lost we were in front at half time in 6 of those or 40% we threw away.
Apart from the Cowboys at home in round 13 and the Roosters in round 23, each of our half time leads were 4 points or less.

Of the 9 games we won, we were behind at half time in 5 so we converted 55% into wins.

Ta. So pretty normal in one sense. Leading at half time 10/24. Won 9/24.

84 Baby

Referee
Personally I don't think it will be an NRL issue - simply a civil case regarding a contract dispute whereby both parties entered into an agreement in good faith and one of the parties (i.e. the club) wishes to withdraw from the agreement.

The court will decide whether or not they will allow them to withdraw (which no doubt they will) and then what damages the club needs to pay for said withdrawal.

also don't think nrl will touch it. Gives them further reason to scrutinise us but I don't think they'll lump it in salary cap. Doubly so because I also believe it'll be settled out of court which will likely mean an undisclosed lump sum. That'd make a fair whack in cap

strider

Post Whore
Yeh, well that's sort of what I'm saying....but even that only makes sense if comparing to teams in the middle of the ladder. Coz those that win, say 18/24 games have, by definition been in front at some time in the 2nd half 18 times.

yeah - i guess i'm thinking, this year was exceptionally close between last n 8th - so maybe all but 1 or 2 teams could claim the same stat

emjaycee

Coach

For what it is worth - Ricky's Raiders:
Lost 14 and were in front at half time in 4 of those so 28% to our 40%
Only 1 game where they were tied at half time and lost vs 2 they won.
Of their 10 wins they were behind at half time in only 2 so 20% converted to wins to our 55%

Losing at half time - 10/24 games
Tied at half time - 3/24 games
Leading at half time - 11/24

bartman

Immortal
The stat seems to verify that we are teribly inconsistent between games and within the 80mins of games.

Kind of what Arthur says in almost every press conference.

hindy111

Post Whore
I do not needs stats.....

Canbera lost a heap of tight ones-Saints won a heap of tight ones.....

In the last few weeks - Raiders game-Sharks-Roosters we could of won.
Throw in the 30 point lead against the cowboys. We make finals.
But that's the difference between a good and bad team. The good sides win those and the bad ones do not. We will be better for it next year. We will never be longer then 3/1 in a game next season. Actually maybe not even 2.50 pending on injuries.Do not be suprised if we start favourite in most our games unlike this year.

Avenger

Immortal
Run at Sandow. Win. Every team knew it. They just needed some possession.

Even by your standards, i.e. Sticking up for players et al, I have never seen a player go down in the eyes of supporters like Sandow. I noticed you also did it. Now would we agree that he is the worst signing in the club's history considering the amount of money we paid him, his attitude, his position etc?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I already said he was, weeks ago. I might've been late to the party but I expected him to improve under a better coach than Kearney or Stuart. Obviously he didn't.

Chipmunk

Coach
But why would Hoppa be happy with that?

If he has signed for the alleged 700k (ish), then why wouldn't he take that money AS WELL as whatever contract he can get (his manager probably has a contingency plan lined up)

He could, but that money also isn't guaranteed and if he loses it's a lot of money to throw away. I'd imagine both parties would move on if the offer was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts