What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmancraigy

Coach
If the NRL isn't going to get involved and count this money against the salary cap, then we should just tell him to bugger off and find a new deal and we will just cover the difference and move on.

But why would Hoppa be happy with that?

If he has signed for the alleged 700k (ish), then why wouldn't he take that money AS WELL as whatever contract he can get (his manager probably has a contingency plan lined up)

oldmancraigy

Coach
If what you think might happen actually happens (i.e. We pay Hoppa out and it doesn't count against the cap) then it sets a dangerous precedent for rich clubs to offer big money early in the year, then pull the offer or reduce it when clubs have their rosters full knowing that if the player gets pissed off and goes to court then the payout won't be effecting the salary cap. Or they get said player on the reduced amount

Don't forget you need to first be under threat of having competiton points stripped, and then fire your CEO because he has been teeing up cheaty cheaty deals with these players...

The precedent is fairly extreme isn't it?

Gronk

Staff member
Don't forget you need to first be under threat of having competiton points stripped, and then fire your CEO because he has been teeing up cheaty cheaty deals with these players...

The precedent is fairly extreme isn't it?

Sounds legit. Like perhaps a politician suing a media org for defamation and gets (tax free) settlement. ;-)

If those figures are remotely true, Jesus tap dancing Christ. He's not even worth half the money that they are suggesting we offered him. As soon as he failed miserably at fullback I would of moved on from him instead we offer him s ridiculous deal. But thank god that lunatic Seward is gone and we now have good governance.

Lol good governance

I'm just trying to work out how unusual the statistic really is.

We won 9 games, so there's 9 from 24. So there's 11 games to account for (i.e. the ones in which we we either led at half time or at some point in the 2nd half), out of 15. It's pretty hard to evaluate because of the 'or at some point in the 2nd half' clause. I'd be interested to know what proportion of half-time leads we blew.

There were several where we were behind at halftime but took the lead during the second half. And then lost anyway.

Yeh, I know. The stat is very hard to evaluate, unless they tell you 'in X games we were ahead a the 60 minute mark'. I guess I'm trying to figure out what is normal for a mid-table team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts