What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkbloom

Juniors
Rothfield isn't some caped crusader tirelessly working to ensure our poor club remains free of tyranny. He's a vindictive spiteful horrifically biased drunken grub who as deserving of his job as I would be of the Kangaroo captaincy. His dribble isn't a natural progression from Gus' personality, it's a natural progression from him being a moron.

For example, Soward, Segeyaro, Taylor, Whare, Moylan and Brown are all examples of good players who are perfectly happy to "play under Phil Gould" (whatever that means).

There is an astounding leap of logic to link this statement to what you you quoted from me and think I was implying an of these characteristics to Rothfield. Possibly the same logical process Rothfield uses to try for his sensational work.

Rothfield is a gossip columnist - nothing more, nothing less - who has a long running feud with the Panthers leader. Gus loves being in feuds. And gossip columnists love it when they are in a feud. They both have what they want.

Last edited:

Doomednow

Bench
Darkbloom what staye was the club in before he arrived? We've definitely seen the changes needed since he did. We aren't perfect but to pretend Gould has been anything but a boon for the club is a bit of a joke.

Last edited:

age.s

First Grade
There is an astounding leap of logic to link this statement to what you you quoted from me and think I was implying an of these characteristics to Rothfield. Possibly the same logical process Rothfield uses to try for his sensational work.

Rothfield is a gossip columnist - nothing more, nothing less - who has a long running feud with the Panthers leader. Gus loves being in feuds. And gossip columnists love it when they are in a feud. They both have what they want.

The suggestion that we "have" to put with crap like this suggests the cretins dribble naturally stems from Gould making himself "bigger than the club".

All that needs to be mentioned in coversations regarding Rothfield are the words I used to describe him. Implying some shared responsibility for his writing goes way closer to absolving him than he deserves.

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
Bad News

Both the Panthers and Raiders are keen on off-contract Eels hooker Matt Keating. The Eels have only offered a one-year extension.

Parramatta Eels hooker Matt Keating is the latest player to fall within the Penrith Panthers’ sights.

Doubts remain over whether the Panthers will offer skipper Kevin Kingston, who turns 30 next week, a contract extension.

Sime_11

Juniors
nah fk tomkins, id rather go without.

dont bother penrith, blood your junior's, they are the future

darkbloom

Juniors
Darkbloom what staye was the club in before he arrived? We've definitely seen the changes needed since he did. We aren't perfect but to pretend Gould has been anything but a boon for the club is a bit of a joke.

All we have seen so far is potential - performance by the football team looks promising. I think that has more to do with the coach than anything else.

Performance in the business is poor. Revenue down, spending is up, crowds down, membership down, losses up, assets reduced.

The one positive on the business side is that debt has been nearly halved, but that had nothing to do with Gus. And its easy when you sell at bargain prices.

I admit he has made some contributions that are positive like bringing Packer to the table when he was needed - though Packers contribution will be paid back in spades in the long run.

Yes some positives but he is not the saviour he is made out to be.

age.s

First Grade
Keating would be a weird signing. He's no better than Kingston. I'm all for change but not change for the sake of change.

meek

Juniors
But why even bother? Kingston can do the same and there'd be no need to further destabilize the playing group by getting rid of the captain.

what provide poor slow service from dummy half - seldom take the line on -
He IMO is a poor hooker - sorry - Kingston needs to go .

he should have never been made capt in the first place -
Obviously everyone has there own view - but i think Kingston is part of the problem at Panthers along with Walsh and Humble -

With Segayaro in the frame - Kingston should be on the first cab out of the place - offers absolutley nothing.

age.s

First Grade
what provide poor slow service from dummy half - seldom take the line on -
He IMO is a poor hooker - sorry - Kingston needs to go .

he should have never been made capt in the first place -
Obviously everyone has there own view - but i think Kingston is part of the problem at Panthers along with Walsh and Humble -

With Segayaro in the frame - Kingston should be on the first cab out of the place - offers absolutley nothing.

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what Keating does currently for the Eels.

I don't want Kingston in the team either, but Keating isn't an upgrade. So why bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.