What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel

Referee
Any word when/if its going to be announced? If its true Cronulla can blame the drug shitstorm going on

franklin2323

Immortal
Anyone else wondering why we are trying to sign a second 5/8?

Yeah. I would rather Carney/Williams rather then Soward.

That said our useless coach has no excuse top 8 or his out the door. All representative pack. Kite off the bench. Spastics like Newton, Simmons etc gone. Walsh gone no excuses.

Coote could play a Mortimer type role off the bench but not for $400k. So he will be gone plenty of teams will want him depending on how much we pay.

mxlegend99

Referee
Seems to be as many sources claiming he will stay at Sharks as there are for him coming here. I wouldnt be surprised if these forums were the source that he was leaving Sharks. So many rumours start here and gain momentum.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
I am hopeful but I think he will stay at the Sharks and we will get Williams, this isn't that bad either. But until the Sharks announce he is re-signed we are still a chance.

Sime_11

Juniors
triple M grill team reckon he wants to stay at cronulla,

if he really wanted to stay at Cronulla, money wouldnt be a problem, he woulda signed straight away.

just sayin :p

HankScorpio

Juniors
If he wanted to stay he would've re-signed months ago.

Either he's seriously considering the offers, or he's using us as a bargaining chip to get more money out of Cronulla.

Either way, we'll have a completely new halves pairing next year.

murraymob

Coach
If he wanted to stay he would've re-signed months ago.

Either he's seriously considering the offers, or he's using us as a bargaining chip to get more money out of Cronulla.

Either way, we'll have a completely new halves pairing next year.

not sure if its a money thing more a length of contract warriors and penrith offering a 4 yeear deal with a 5th year option sharks offering 4.I think he is trying to get that 5th year from the sharks when offered he will sign

murraymob

Coach
i had heard williams asked for a early release .Then all the carney signing came up .Maybe they have now blown both choices

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
Todd Carney has rejected a lucrative offer from Penrith to commit to a long-term deal at the Sharks.

The deal with the incumbent NSW five-eighth is expected to be announced today.

Carney, who turns 27 in June, had been targeted by the Panthers after they missed out on Johnathan Thurston.
Loyalty to Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan and skipper Paul Gallen and being settled in Sutherland Shire has led to Carney rejecting significant financial offers from New Zealand and the Panthers.

Bob

Juniors
I'm hoping they haven't blown the chance of Williams, not fussed at all about Carney knocking us back,

Status
Not open for further replies.