What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
Maybe Penrith are just trying too boost players values publicly (JT, TC and now possibly Keating) so that we can force other clubs into the position we have been in recently. Im sure we wanted TC and JT, but Keating? Must be a tactic rather then us seriously wanting him.

meek

Juniors
The real problem we have tho is we cant seem to get that marquee player to sign with us regardless of how much we offer
first JT , then Todd - so will Gus and Co able to make us a force by 2015
you have to wonder if we also miss out on Williams.
In having said that our recuritment is light years better than it has been - but we still seemingly struggle to attract a marquee player . IMO

The real problem we have tho is we cant seem to get that marquee player to sign with us regardless of how much we offer
In having said that our recuritment is light years better than it has been - but we still seemingly struggle to attract a marquee player . IMO

I wouldn't worry about the lack of a marquee signing. Very few top line players change clubs unless they are forced out.

age.s

First Grade

Marquee players seem to be leaving less and less these days though. I'm actually struggling to think of an example where an absolutely top notch player (Smith, Cronk, Inglis etc) has left a club for any reason but the salary cap or behavioral issues in recent years.

Karnivayne

Juniors
All we need in the next 3-5 years is a halfback, any other player in any other position is the player manager trying to get their players an increase.

Marquee players seem to be leaving less and less these days though. I'm actually struggling to think of an example where an absolutely top notch player (Smith, Cronk, Inglis etc) has left a club for any reason but the salary cap or behavioral issues in recent years.

I mentioned this the other day.

I'm pretty sure the last really big name to switch clubs purely for a better offer was when Petero came to us.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Keating would be a weird signing. He's no better than Kingston. I'm all for change but not change for the sake of change.

Yeah. Foster can be backup with Moseley hell even Humble or Coote off the bench is better.

IF they don't want Sege to start. Brown starts then goes to backrow like Kingston does now.

ashton

Juniors
Breaking News: Bellingen/Dorrigo Magpies sensation Dylan Edwards has just signed on with the Penrith Panthers for the next 2 seasons!
Dylan is a current Group2 representative & will start his NRL journey with the 2014 SG Ball Squad. Congratulations Dylan...You & your family should be very proud!

Kilkenny

Coach
Franklin I appreciate your passion on this forum but your use of the above word which doesn't need repeating is offensive. Regardless of what you may think of Simmons and Newton the word to describe them is totally wrong and you should refrain from ever using such a word again.

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
After Carney resisted a huge offer from Penrith to stay at Cronulla, speculation has mounted the struggling Panthers will turn their attention to Williams.
Williams has also long been linked with the Dragons, and his manager Paul Sutton will meet with Raiders management next week.
Fairfax Media reported last month Dragons coach Steve Price phoned Raiders mentor David Furner about securing Williams before the June 30 transfer deadline, but his request was declined.
Dragons pivot Jamie Soward will join Penrith next year, and Sattler believes Williams’ fearless running game would be the perfect foil for Soward.

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
Keating will be complete crap. The Carney saga is over, we missed out. We're going to be linked to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.