What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

panthersam

Juniors
If we sign Folau he would be centre. Not Fullback imo.

Which tbh I don't see a need for right NOW...I'd like to see what James Roberts has there.

Otherwise 1. Moylan/Moss, 2. Mansour, 3. Whare, 4. Folau, 5. Roberts would be just fine with me. lol.

Just don't see it happening. Folau is imo gone to the Dogs.

Folau would have to be close to the highest paid player, if not the highest, at our club if we were to sign him. Do you think Phil Gould would sign him to play in the centres after the whole Jennings fiasco? We might as well have just kept MJ ahaha

That backline does look nice either way though ^

chrisD

Coach
He would be FB because you couldn't justify paying a centre the amount it would cost to sign him. And at the price he'd cost I'm not sure he'd be worth it, the FB's that will get close to 1mil have more strings to their bow than Falou. Slater can create off kicks for himself and saves tries like no other, Inglis intimidates players running into his backfield, can kick very well and has good ball playing skills, Bowen and Hayne are basically the second half neither team has and Barba... well Barba might be as two dimensional as Falou.

chrisD

Coach
Is that a rumour or your preference?

Beale is probably worth twice to french union than what he's worth to us, and probably thinks he'd walk into Origin, don't know if he'd be willing to put in when reality dawns on him.

meek

Juniors
Folau in my opinion when on song would make Jennings look pedestrian
And would be a marketing goldmine IMO

Hopefully we gazump the Dogs and get him at the right price -

panthersam

Juniors
I don't think they will try and target Kurtley, he seems to have way too much shit going on in his life at the moment.

1. Sam Williams
2. Israel Folau
3. Benji Marshall (only at the right price)

That is the order of players that I would want targeted.

age.s

First Grade
I can't believe so many are so quick to discount Benji. He's having a rough year at a club he clearly doesn't want to play for, but he's still a class player and he'll rediscover that at one club or another. I wouldn't throw 7 figures at him but he'd be a huge asset to the club both on and off the field.

Big Mick

Referee
I'd be fine for 400-500k. I don't want him at $800k.

I don't think that is quick to discount Benji, it is about assessing his value right now as a footballer and only a footballer.

Now would I be up in arms if we did do it? No. But that's what I believe his value is currently.

chrisD

Coach
He's one of the best ball players in the game, exactly what we need and what the NRL is in short supply of, actually he's probably the best ball player. The Tigers are terrible and you can't tell shit from how they're going. He's worth more than Carney and less than Thurston, but closer to Thurston than Carney, he's a Marquee like we've not had since Freddie. I dismiss it because I think there's no chance we'll get him.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'd be fine for 400-500k. I don't want him at $800k.

I don't think that is quick to discount Benji, it is about assessing his value right now as a footballer and only a footballer.

Now would I be up in arms if we did do it? No. But that's what I believe his value is currently.

Exactly. He goes MIA more then Walsh. The difference is on his day his unstoppable.

Worth getting but not for more then $500k

Black Majik

Juniors
My 2 cents worth.

Gus wants to build an Academy for halves = Thurston or Benji
Penrith need to attract the community which has a lot of NZ/Polynesians = Benji
Penrith need a Marquee player = Benji
Penrith need a halfback = Benji
A half I love watching = Benji

Will he leave the Tigers. Nope. He has already stated he knows he is in a form slump and needs to work hard to get it back.

murraymob

Coach
beale more than rumour gould is a big fan of his

Benji is about to get a offer of 1 million from the tigers to get him away it would cost more.More than any 1 player is worth

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
This rumour of Beale was going round last week. He is from the area and is a classy player. If he is on the drink to get out our Union than he would be a good fit

Status
Not open for further replies.