What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

Referee
Shocking yesterday. Offered nothing in attack and was weak in defence.

Wants 400-450k

Tend to agree tbh.

Has had two shockers in a row for NSW Cup.

And his asking price is far too high.

I had heard our offer was somewhere near $300k. But heard Brisbane/St.George are offering more.

Big Mick

Referee
One guy I wouldn't mind is Kevin Naiqama..been watching him closely this and last season and he is far too good for NSW Cup.

If we don't re-sign David Simmons and Travis Robinson...I'd take a good long look at Kevin.

betcats

Referee
Not sure it was his age , more his early form as an NRL player.

Regardless I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Perhaps..but I never saw that form, he always looked bog average to me and I watched him a fair bit. Whenever he played with McCrone I always thought McCrone was the better player. Just my opinion though.

Big Mick

Referee
Perhaps..but I never saw that form, he always looked bog average to me and I watched him a fair bit. Whenever he played with McCrone I always thought McCrone was the better player. Just my opinion though.

It is definitely a fair opinion.

My opinion was that he is young, has raw talent, and I'd seen him direct the team at a high level at times.

I was never a fan of paying more than $300k for him but. He just isn't worth that, even in today's climate. I'd rather Wallace than him for that price.

betcats

Referee
One guy I wouldn't mind is Kevin Naiqama..been watching him closely this and last season and he is far too good for NSW Cup.

If we don't re-sign David Simmons and Travis Robinson...I'd take a good long look at Kevin.
Not sure of his contract status but I think he is highly rated by the Knights, doubt they would let him go.

chrisD

Coach
Williams looked good at the back end of last year when the Raiders were storming home. Other than that he's looked average.

Looks good when the team is going well, looks average when not, doesn't really tell us much. And he's not like a Mullen or Pearce, who have always had abilities like being able to throw a bullet 30m or drop a front rower on their ass, there's nothing particular about William's game for him to rest his hat on, no great step, long ball or fantastic boot.

mxlegend99

Referee
Williams might be looking awful in NSW Cup, but he has proven himself to be quality in first grade. So I wouldn't read too much into his form. Id just hope it allows us to get him cheaper.

Also a few weeks back there's absolutely no way you could have picked Isaac John for first grade based on his form in reserve grade. He was absolutely horrible. But for whatever reason he has come in and been amazing. I see no reason to think Sam Williams couldn't enjoy the same level of improvement with us. Whoever ends up being our halfback, they will have an almost ideal team around them. We should have great go forward, they will have a stable and consistent halves partner and we should have a nice young backline with plenty of talent. With the team we will have next season, we can afford to have a halfback who isn't a superstar. We just need someone who will be consistent, hopefully strong in defence and with a skillset that compliments Jamie Soward.

Big Mick

Referee
FOX SPORTS News ‏@FOXSportsNews 14m
.@brisbanebroncos deny halfback Peter Wallace will return to his former club @PenrithPanthers next season #NRL

Maybe confirms my suspicion as to the reasoning for the leak.

franklin2323

Immortal
Williams might be looking awful in NSW Cup, but he has proven himself to be quality in first grade. So I wouldn't read too much into his form. Id just hope it allows us to get him cheaper.

Also a few weeks back there's absolutely no way you could have picked Isaac John for first grade based on his form in reserve grade. He was absolutely horrible. But for whatever reason he has come in and been amazing. I see no reason to think Sam Williams couldn't enjoy the same level of improvement with us. Whoever ends up being our halfback, they will have an almost ideal team around them. We should have great go forward, they will have a stable and consistent halves partner and we should have a nice young backline with plenty of talent. With the team we will have next season, we can afford to have a halfback who isn't a superstar. We just need someone who will be consistent, hopefully strong in defence and with a skillset that compliments Jamie Soward.

Yeah. I would get him but look around 1st. Like John would be cheaper for starters

Copperhead

Juniors
.@brisbanebroncos deny halfback Peter Wallace will return to his former club @PenrithPanthers next season #NRL

Hope so. I'd rather we look at who we already have, John, Moylan and Coote.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Wouldn't be surprised if you guys pick up Kevin Naiqama, he's rumoured to be looking for clubs. Currently off contract and behind a very good back 3 at the Knights in Boyd, McManus and Uate.

You'll love him, he's a gun. Great finisher and tons of pace.

betcats

Referee

Has he? If he had you would think he would still be playing FG.

Im not saying he wont become a good player but he has been in and out of the FG side for a while now with most of his oppurtunities coming through injury. He had basically a whole season in FG to lock down a spot and couldnt do it, Paying anywhere 400k for a current reserve grader seems like a risky move to me.

Last edited:

panthersam

Juniors

I was saying this exact thing to my mates about a month ago, and with his brother playing for us you think out of all the teams he could go to we would be first in line.

unbreaK

Juniors

I feel sick, I thought we had finally got rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts