What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

natheel

Coach
Arnt you guys after Matt Keating? If so why? Why get rid of kinga and go for Keats? I mean Keats has his flaws but he is defensively sound and has age on his side. But kinga is just a step above. A guy like Pritchard (kaysa) would benefit greatly from having a guy like kev as starting hooker

Doomednow

Bench
I don't think we are actually going for Keating. So many players have been linked to us recently. If we are setting Kingston aside it's to make Segs the starting hooker, not replace him with another blow in.

meek

Juniors
if this is true
this is absolute madness

The Sunday Mail understands the club has discussed a three-year contract worth an estimated $500,000 a season that would make Wallace a Panther until the end of 2016.
Geez Phil put a stop this garbage - Wallace is bloody hopeless 500k ??????????????????

Seems as if MG on MMM this morning agrees - Wallace he cant believe it either - so hopefully NOT true

franklin2323

Immortal
Does Gould know an NRL squad consists of only 25 players?

I reckon you gonna start losing a few soon, and not just the ones you want gone.

From this years 25 man squad

Weston - Gone
Off contract-

Simmons
Kingston
Ciraldo
Simpkins
Newton
Smith
Plum

Apart from Plum and Maybe Simpkins with a NSW Cup contract they will go

Walsh
Coote

are still contracted but likely go to ESL

So we are fine add to that we are playing atleast $500k under for this season we have no issues

I don't think we are actually going for Keating. So many players have been linked to us recently. If we are setting Kingston aside it's to make Segs the starting hooker, not replace him with another blow in.

Baptiste is a good player to sign if he does in fact join the Panthers. He'll go well with Segs, young enthusiastic, strong and good footy head on him. If he had played as many games as what McCollough has played at Broncos he'd be superior to him in every aspect. But he can't get a look in, Hook loves the players he coached in under 20's.

Kurt could do a Peats, let Segs play for 60mins and have Kurt wiz around for 20 odd minutes to keep Segs fresh. If they want to play both at the same time then one can drop to lock for a short stint.

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
Its not really a Rumour, But Sonny Bill wants a Mill. Would you have him here for a couple of season ? Might be good for our young players. He seems to bring this Ora.

maple_69

Bench
Big no thankyou from me. Gus and Ivan are building a team who want to play for each other and regardless of his talent, $BW would take us 10 steps in the opposite direction from that goal.

meek

Juniors
Seems all the Broncos fans on there forum cant wait to get rid of Wallace
Geez i hope this is not true - MOST uncreative half ever
IF we get him back that would be one of the biggest mistakes ever
we think its bad when Walsh has off day - wait until we get a half who makes Walsh look like Andew Johns
Geez Wallace is a shit house player - absolutley shithouse

My rant is now finally over - ill just wait and see - just got a bad feeling where there is mske there is fire.
HOPE NOT

Panther Pete

Juniors
After missing out on JT and TC I reckon we should go for no one and keep walsh and John together. Why change a current good side.

Definitely want to keep John but the fact we are winning isn't a reason to keep Walsh, we need a better half who will attack the line and provide quality 5th tackle options.

Doomednow

Bench
Walsh needs to be given 1 year contract extensions for the rest of his playing career if we are going to keep him.

Maybe we are too hard on him and I know the team around him has a part to play but he has seemed to improve ever since we started looking for other halves.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
After missing out on JT and TC I reckon we should go for no one and keep walsh and John together. Why change a current good side.

I am all for keeping John, he has exceeded expectations, he does look like a real talent.

The thing about Luke Walsh is yes he has played very well the past three games and he deserves credit for that.

I just can't get over the past 3 or 4 SEASONS and the form he has consistently shown for us which was below standard for a quality first grade halfback.

Hopefully he continues to play well for the remainder of his time with us, he can then head overseas with the gratitude of Panthers fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts